Review Thread: Dons v Fourthmond

We had a crack, which was heartening. Bags was immense all night. BJ is cooked, has to go. Zaka is the definition of tradebait - go and ply your peahearted brand of p*ssweak footy at another club - really fed up with his weak-willed non-committal garbage.

BJ is cooked huh?
Could very well win the best and fairest…

Though I agree that the kicking into the man on the mark was poor, he gets the footy a lot and does a lot of good things as well. It’s nice to have a player who can actually win possession or take a mark without fumbling…

He’s cruising around collecting a cheque. I reckon he’s tried his ■■■■ off and has been an overwhelmingly positive thing for the team for most of the time he’s been there, I just reckon he’s pretty close to done. If he wins the B&F this year then good on him - it says a lot more about the type of year we’ve had than it says about his usefuleness to us as a footballer.

Erm most of our list can’t even nail basic 20 metre passes, Goddard can pinpoint 50 metre ones, we definitely definitely need him.

Just want to add that it seemed like a tough game and hopefully my comment brings this thread to a 2nd page!!!

Also what was with that 5 metre pass and mark to Vickery who then goaled.

Any closer to obvious cheating bias would be the ump taking a gun out and shooting zaka in the leg

That was staggeringly obvious and bad and you saw the players drop their heads after

How do you win against such ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ pathetic maggotry

Daniher was horrendous tonight. Field kicking was putrid from him.
He shouldn't be paying up the ground if he is going to deliver the ball like that. It's as if he he says to himself, I have done my part in getting the ball and now it's someone else's problem.

meh

Low crowd was to be expected. We keep on losing and the weather was awful. Easily the coldest i have been at the football in a long long time.

About as hollow as it gets.

Eh.

I thought we were just a bit of composure and finesse away from matching the Tigers. Once the weather/ground conditions improved they got tighter, we played the same sloppy stuff. Too many low snaky kick attempts when it wasn’t suited.

There have been a stunning amount of first quarters, it seems, where we have had the upper hand only to be completely shafted by the umps to balance the scores. There were some absolute howlers tonight. And it took until the last quarter before they started paying incorrect disposal. It just ruins any spectacle. Just another game leaving me grumpy.

Well done, Conor, on your first game/kick/goal!

Against my better instincts I just checked the Hun’s match report. 3 votes, Alex Rance. FFS…

I didn’t like watching Little & Campbell laughing.
They would have been the only ones.
Maybe clear air is like helium.

Against my better instincts I just checked the Hun's match report. 3 votes, Alex Rance. FFS...

Ridiculous. The media’s pants are permanently tight over this bloke. Even during the game when Hooksey was towelling him they were carrying on about how he is the best defender in the comp. There is such a bias at play here that I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Hurley misses AA for McPharlin or someone else that they pick at FB just cos they can’t think of anyone else to put there and think it is a touch too much of a stretch to put Pavloch there this year. Rance is guaranteed selection and it’s a joke.

Rance could have 4 kicks, nine clangers and still be lauded as an amazing talent.

Against my better instincts I just checked the Hun's match report. 3 votes, Alex Rance. FFS...

Seems to me the media’s decision making is as bad as ours, but already knew that, so meh.

Irish and joes passion after the first goal showed me how much they care. Was good too see.
Still annoyed Carlisle missed a set shot directly in front. If you want more coin you got to kick those. Bags and Hurley love their work. They never want to lose a contest. Hurley kept riewoldt quite which was great. I would not be disappointed if we had 2 captains next year. Heppell and Hurley.

Just goes to show these Hun muppets don’t watch the game and just read the stats column.

I was at the game and Rance got an absolute bath, he was constantly out positioned and out marked by a part time forward who turned out to be the most dangerous forward on the ground due to Rance’s inability to defend. Rance racked up a few cheap touches when the game was over and apparently he’s a superstar…

Meanwhile up the other end of the ground our bloke mauled a guy who recently won the Coleman and kept him goalless. Go figure.

Just goes to show these Hun muppets don’t watch the game and just read the stats column.

I was at the game and Rance got an absolute bath, he was constantly out positioned and out marked by a part time forward who turned out to be the most dangerous forward on the ground due to Rance’s inability to defend. Rance racked up a few cheap touches when the game was over and apparently he’s a superstar…

Meanwhile up the other end of the ground our bloke mauled a guy who recently won the Coleman and kept him goalless. Go figure.

Lost count of the number of times the triple Em commentators said “Alex Rance never loses a contest but in this case Hooker has out positioned him here/Hooker has someone got the mark”. Maybe just maybe he sometimes loses a contest. Perhaps he is not god.

I didn't like watching Little & Campbell laughing. They would have been the only ones. Maybe clear air is like helium.

Absolutely turned my stomach to see that.

I didn't like watching Little & Campbell laughing. They would have been the only ones. Maybe clear air is like helium.

When was this or at what stage of the game?

Hooker could be an AA forward if he chooses to remain forward next season.

The Richmond ‘black on yellow’ away strip isn’t too bad. Pity ‘black on red’ looks like sh ite.