Review Thread: Dons v Fourthmond

2 pages this week! Sheesh we are fatigued. Hurley should easliy be AA, its rigged if he isnt. Hope Fletch palys next week, I’m sure he will

I would not be disappointed if we had 2 captains next year. Heppell and Hurley.
That's not a bad idea at all.

Let’s not be one of those multiple captain/Grant Thomas/weirdo clubs, please.

PLEASE!

I didn't like watching Little & Campbell laughing. They would have been the only ones. Maybe clear air is like helium.
Ease up. The are humans who have a camera on them from time to time. Are they supposed to be dead pan 24/7?
Against my better instincts I just checked the Hun's match report. 3 votes, Alex Rance. FFS...

Are you taking the ■■■■? A bloke who had played 8 games as a forward kicked 3 on him

I didn't like watching Little & Campbell laughing. They would have been the only ones. Maybe clear air is like helium.
Ease up. The are humans who have a camera on them from time to time. Are they supposed to be dead pan 24/7?

Could easily have been laughing at that guys beard.

Harvey nailed it. We had about 20 more turnover opportunities than Tigers but they kicked about 7 or 8 goals from theirs and we got 2.

They'll get found out in a final!

We had a crack, umps reamed us, and we slipped over and kicked into the man on the mark just as much as we do when it’s dry!n

Backline battled well all night, especially being under pressure.
Forwardline totally devoid of spark and structure tonight…I think thats the 4th score under 50 and the 12th score of 60 or less this year…wow

Very damning stat right there

36K in attendance.. would have to be the lowest Ess v Rich crowd for a long while.. especially for a 'send off' game. I'm not sure a members forum is going to solve all our problems.

So many holes in this list… so many. Need at least another 2 inside mids with Jobe maybe never to recapture his best form and Myers has never been able to stay on the park… need 2-3 outside mids with good decision making (Laverde probably counts as one)… need 2 crumbing fowards… need a marking forward… need a ruck. Probably need a winger that isn’t the size of a twig.

We should be able to fill about 3 of the 8 positions needed in this years draft but they will still take a few years to come on.

I think realistically we are probably 3-5 years away from having a truly competitive team. And that is without considering players leaving/suspended.

Agree with almost all of this.
The bad part that you have not factored in is that not all our draft picks are going to be successful. We might be 3-5 years away from filling all those holes if all the guys we draft to fill them turn out to be good players in that 3-5 years.
What if the key forward we draft is a Stihl? or the mids we draft are like Kav and Melksham?
Let’s hope for the best, but it is a long and difficult road we have ahead.

Against my better instincts I just checked the Hun's match report. 3 votes, Alex Rance. FFS...

Are you taking the ■■■■? A bloke who had played 8 games as a forward kicked 3 on him

Yeah, but he’s handsome and everyone talks about how good he is.

Last night, the commentators, in typical fashion, went on and on about farking Michael Roach and Rick Kennedy instead of watching the game in front of them. And they’re the ■■■■■■■ commentators. Imagine how much attention a reporter from a paper is paying to the game. They would’ve had “3 - Rance” written down before the game, then checked at the end to make sure his stats weren’t atrocious before locking it in.

The game was so boring and uninspiring I didn’t even drunk post on Blitz once. That’s remarkable.

He took some uncontested marks as loose man in defence. Elite.

Actually went to the game last night (free tickets) and I’d say we were bad but Richmond weren’t that much better and if we had better forward structure and less stupid errors we’d be in with a shot. A few things:

• Heppell was a gun, single-handily drove us in the second half
  • BJ was really bad. Some stupid errors and handballing to guys under the gun and dropped marks. His second half was better, thankfully
  • Daniher has been woeful the last month, and last night was no different. Not only failing to have any impact whatsover, but going for stupid marks tops it. I like him but he needs to forget the last few weeks
  • Hooker is a gun. Imagine if he had any decent delivery
  • Hurley, see above (minus the delivery)
    – I like what I’ve seen from McKernan, he’s the perfect second ruck

It took free tickets to get you to a game?

You’re soft like latex.

Pre ugly game. Didn’t think we played too bad but Richmond are no flag contender. Will be surprised if they get through first week of finals.

Few positives:

-Hurley and Hooker don’t stop trying. They put in 100% EVERY week. I’ll be shattered if Hurley doesn’t get AA.

-Heppell still a beast. Lav great game too. One more pre-season and he’ll dominate.

-Smack is awesome. MUST be upgraded.

Negatives:

-Daniher still has a lot of teaching too do. Often over-commits at the contest, goes to ground too easily and dropped sitters.

-BJ trying to hit spear passes over long distances in the wet is NEVER gonna work. You’d think he’d know this after 280 games -_-

-How many times do we kick it into the man of the mark?

-Our 50 fwd entries is still frustrating.

We need a win next week desperately. Play the best team possible.

Wasn’t JD’s night but I thought he did ok when pushed up the ground just to get into the game. In wet conditions didn’t expect the night to suit him.

We need to get around him and the team. They have been trying the past few weeks and looking at where we are I think we have stemmed the hemoraging and think we are heading in the right direction.

Go Bombers!

Yeah, but he’s handsome and everyone talks about how good he is.

Last night, the commentators, in typical fashion, went on and on about farking Michael Roach and Rick Kennedy instead of watching the game in front of them. And they’re the ■■■■■■■ commentators. Imagine how much attention a reporter from a paper is paying to the game. They would’ve had “3 - Rance” written down before the game, then checked at the end to make sure his stats weren’t atrocious before locking it in.

You know what else is ■■■■ about the commontators? The amount of time they say “oh, good call, BT or whoever” FFS… just describe the farking game instead of blowing smoke up each others arses. ffs

Oh FFS.

I had a mate around last night when the game was on TV. He made a joke. I laughed.

Didn’t Egan say he wants the players to enjoy the last few weeks and find the fun in footy again. I’m happy for the administrators and everybody else at the Club to buy into that as well.

I reckon we are not far off. Basically the skill levels of individuals is fairly standard, with coaching, systems, roles, set up making mid level players very good.
Case in point - Bruest. If he played for us he would be at similar level to most of our list. Get system sorted, maybe 2-3% tweek, and he stars.
We had a period where there were 3-4 coaches from Sheedy lineage. Then Matthews lineage, then Roos, now it is Clarkson who has set standard re coaching nous (Bolton, Simpson, Hardwick and one other I cannot recall), and maybe it is good for us to pick up a Clarkson assistant. Put in some systems, have rebuild year, and then back in contention.
Yes jobe, IMO, is past his best, if he comes back. Hooker straightens us up - wish Joey would figure out he cannot wheel onto his left as soon as he takes a mark, as getting caught and smothered too often as everyone knows he will do that and umps call play on immediately.
Zaka good if system right, as are many others.
Mostly, take wada away and that 2-3% comes back immediately. It is like these guys have been in a divorcing household, or a death in family, for three years, and we know how that impacts on players
I am optimistic if I remember wada. If I forget that I am so down on our team.

Go easy on Joe fellas, it’s been a very tough year for a kid his age, and he has battled manfully this year. The fact is if he gets a goal next week he will have kicked more goals in a year than any other Essendon forward since 2008. He is 21