Review Thread: Essendon d Range Rovers

In my opinion, Hepp seems to throw himself into contests a lot harder and more often. He’s a little more physical than the others you mentioned. He seems so banged up at the end of matches.

1 Like

I hope GWS flog the Tigers

1 flag in 30 years and their supporters carry on like they are the greatest team of all time.

3 Likes

You’re right, he does do all that stuff, but it’s selling the other guys short from last night.

Zaha in particular was making a real point of it. All the more noteworthy because that doesn’t seem to be his natural game. No way, shape or form was Heppell “doing it alone”.

1 Like

Yep, Frang was a bit down.

Ambo was on McDonald, … who he kept virtually touchless (6), as good as Markless (1), and totally scoreless. (0 G - 0 B), making Tom the lowest rated player (via AFP;s) on the park.

And he did all that whilst running the highest km’s for the match.

But he fluffed a short kick!!

Yeah, … should drop him.

7 Likes

Francis had a bad patch in the last half of the second quarter.
Made 2 or 3 mistakes and looked like he needed to get off for a stint.

Thought he was fine other than that.

1 Like

Ambrose is a very good defender. Smashed Membrey last week and took care of McDonald this week. Does not get the credit he deserves.

There is enough offense in Saad, McKenna, Francis and Hurley to have a negating backman.

Also think Guelfi is starting to grow into his role as a defender too.

16 Likes

I tend to agree after going a bit hard on him last night, prob a bit unjustified after watching the replay today. Sometimes just tries to chew off a bit more than needed. Was really good last night though to be fair I think McDonald was sore but none the less. Brissie with a tall forward line be interesting to see he’s matchup this week.

He got hurt in a collision with Petraca, who crashed across his right leg, and gave him a decent corkie. It could have been much worse. That was about when he went off and needed a lot of work done on the leg, to get him back on the ground.

Yeah. That’s what I meant by down. He ended up pretty hampered. Still did ok considering.

1 Like

Woosha was setting up the ultimate troll for next week’s selection:

Out: Ridley (rested)
In: Myers

2 Likes

Carey and Ling are a pair of fking whingers if you ask me.

Ex players shitt me as commentators full stop, they always groan and moan & hang crap on players when they make an error, .with “That’s unacceptable” … or “That’s just not good enough at this Level” type snarky comments, . … completely forgetting every time they had a brain fade or caused a turnover etc when they played.

They just seem to be bit-ching all the bluddy time!

If not about players, then it’ll be the Umps, … and if not that, the goal review, or the new rules, … or something else, …and BT joins in and does it too.

At times it’s just a 5 minute fkn whinge fest over some superfluous bullshit while the game goes on without being called!!

They give me the utter shitts.

That’s why I ■■■■ them off and sync up ABC.

6 Likes

100%. Carey continued on all day today in the swans game about the umpires,
So boring and stale.

1 Like

Continues to use the old, “how many goals would dunstall, Lockett Ablett kick in this day and age card” fishing for someone to bring him up the arrogant wanker

1 Like

The only TV commentator l like these days in Bartel, who has the best footy brain l have heard in action for years. His analysis and outlining of the play is outstanding and shows the others up for the muppets they are.

4 Likes

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard one called that, … :smirk:

1 Like

1 Like

He was referencing the fact that Carey, in the past, glassed a women and he finds him detestable for the way he has consistently behaved towards women.

1 Like

I had to use the ice bag on my wrist…

2 Likes

I think they do, they deliver their cheese platters to them in the MCC Members don’t they?

Or am I getting them confused with their personal butlers?

Verbatim quote from Wayne Carey late in the first quarter after Stringer and Neal-Bullen got their goals from soft frees within a minute:

“They’ve said these are the new rules and they are very soft… but they’ve set the standard now. As long as they pay them all night I’ll be happy. I don’t mind it BT, as long as they pay it all night.”