Review Thread: Essendon d Range Rovers

Hmm, it was mid season and a Saturday night. Wasn’t wet but probably cool.

It’s funny how much one win can do, but to quote someone from this board last year, I reckon we’re going to roast these carnts slowly.

Realised last night I really don’t like Brisbane and think they have no time in the AFL.

We’ll need to work hard, but would love to chew them up and spit them out on the G. After three wins in a row they’re ripe for the picking.

Can you list the ins and outs for each team since that game?

6 Likes

I don’t know why anybody gets upset with anything he says.

If ever, and I mean EVER, there was an example of a self important, classless, inept, AFL media mouthpiece that spews the latest buzz diatribe that the rest of the classless inept AFL media mouthpieces are spewing, but at a higher, louder and more consistent rate, it’s Wayne Carey.

He actually used a poop emoji to describe Frosts game. The AFL has sunk to horrendous depths that there are many out there including myself thought that they couldn’t possibly sink to when THAT absolute nonsense is part of their post game wrap up.

“Gee Frost had a poor game Wayne, seemed to struggle a bit without May and Lever in the side, looks to be a bit out of his depth against bigger opponents”

Wayne "image "

“Thanks Wayne, insightful stuff”

6 Likes

He sold that dummy to Jetta too, and he’s not going buy just anything.

He’s a ‘very smart man’ …

2 Likes

If it bleeds we can kill it

4 Likes

We had coke in our pecs?

So now we hear a bit more about the lead up. It seems that apart from the mids concentrating on contested ball ( which is non negotiable anyway) the coaches allowed the players to ditch the defensive game plan, play ( natural attacking footy ) the way the players want to play, which lead to a shootout.

Maybe they need to incrementally introduce elements of the defensive game plan rather than confuse the players by a blanket introduction of it in one hit?

4 Likes

It was truly cringeworthy tv.

3 Likes

Thought the umpiring was pretty rubbish all night for both sides.

Wayne Carey is the floggiest flog whoever flogged

2 Likes

…so exactly the same as last year then, except we didn’t wait until round 8 to do it.

If we did indeed ditch the defensive game plan, then it didn’t result in the opposition scoring much more.

It sure did allow us to kick some goals though.

1 Like

At the ground it looked like Weideman beat him.

He’s always been inacurrate kicking for goal. So shouldn’t be a surprise.

1 Like

Who said this?

Watched the replay.

This would have been the perfect way to start the season. Goals to all our important forwards early, confidence boosters for Stringer/ Fantasia/ McKernan/ Tippa. Not the perfect performance but it would have been a good way to start…

Shiel is Judd like and if he nails those goals then look out. Thought he dominated in such a way in that first half I hadn’t seen since Hird played.

It beggars belief the bi-polar nature of our midfield. Zaka was tough and hard and loved his running all game. Hope he can back it up. Heppell was excellent all night, Zerrett was back in the form we all know, Parish actually kicked the ball more than he handballed which was nice and had one of his best games and I loved seeing guys like Tippa/Fantasia float through with Smith speeding around.

If we bring this effort we’ll win most weeks, if we do or not ■■■■ knows.

2 Likes

This is all you need to know about Wayne … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLKUCzqVc5g

Melbourne

Round 1: 61 points
Round 2: 46 points
Round 3: 112 points

2 Likes

Dees put in their best quarter of the year against us though.

Id tip them against Sydney next round.

1 Like