Review thread: Kochie’s c**** def Essington

in reality, even if we didn’t make all the poor mistakes we’d lose to port by 30 ish points.

that’s essentially were we are at, should be 30 points off the best ish teams, but ultimately end up being closer to 60.

The only thing i’ll say on the matter is, it’s all well and good to want to play a certain way, and set up a certain way.
I question the logic of expecting it to be remotely competitive when you simply don’t have the players to implement any part of it, even the senior players.

All well and good to say Francis in a richmond style team/tactics/setup would be able to cover Dixon with their players and their pressure.
but we dont’ have that, we don’t have richmond players with richmond pressure, so expecting francis to be able to cover dixon with essington pressure is just dumb.
times that by 22 players and you get that end result.

tis all well and good to have a way you want to play, but when you simply don’t have the cattle to implement it, it becomes a redundant way to play.

4 Likes

I doubt that

Could’ve been Selwood too.
Another timely rule change that was a kick to the d*ck.

2 Likes

Dodoro to hang up his jackets and ■■■■ off. He’s the root cause. ~5 coaches and the same ol with his pathetic choice of players built in height and stature like boys who struggle week in week out against men.

How can anyone field a team with giants such as Walla, Ham, Snelling, Hind, Parish, McGrath, Smith, Merrett and expect to compete.

You’ve been a stain on our club. If you were honorable you’d hand in your resignation as it’s clear after ~20 years your not cut out for this caper.

Brasher you wouldn’t tolerate someone in your corporate businesses dishing up the pile of ■■■■ that Dodoro has. I won’t ever pay a cent in membership until he is shown the door.

Even if we win the spoon and Merrett leaves and we get picks 1, 2 and 3, he would ■■■■ every one of those picks up if selecting midfielders

5 Likes

What will come first? Essendon winning a final or even single man woman and child on earth being inoculated against Covid?

Jks. It will be the end of the next pandemic before we win a damn final

2 Likes

Just on topic of Rutten. I do think he will be a good coach.

I just don’t appreciate him as a match day coach yet.

1 Like

On track to beat Richmonds 30 years of wilderness

1 Like

I know we suck but today was just extremely frustrating.

To see loose port men everywhere was just grinding my gears.

Their forward 50 entries were flawless with at times 3 spare forwards all going to mark the ball with no essendon backs to be seen.

Im unsure if this is true or not but I feel like we have gotten worse - probably be too early to tell.

Anyway I’d be dropping Smith, parish, francis, tippa for waterman, perkins, reid and stringer.

2 Likes

We’re going to be bad this year and we need to understand that. Even if you don’t accept it, expect it. This year is all about developing the kids and seeing which players we can use going forward.

We’re not going to get near sides like Port because they are experienced and mature with a good system. We’re not.

Managing your expectations goes a long way.

14 Likes

Good we need to use whatever currency we have and take it to the draft.

Just need to make sure we ■■■■■■■ fire dodoro first.

1 Like

Cutler had a sublime first half

1 Like

Still don’t know our game plan someone enlighten me please.

Whatever it is though the players aren’t connected with Rutten. They commenced this game plan last year as truck was coaching it. They players aren’t given effort either given the amount of uncontested ball, goals from defence, players ball watching and all going for the ball allowing easy outside run. It’s so noticeable

1 Like

He don’t seem too have any real leadership on the field. For an AFL list that is very concerning.

Can’t believe people giving Ridley a vote, he was utterly embarrassed by Georgiades today

This lot won’t win a game this year, we are THAT bad!

1 Like

His contracted is for 3 years ? And his coach is only going to get worse

will be interesting to see how the hawks go as comparison.

Why on Earth would you drop Tippa? Nonsensical choice.

8 Likes

More hope from me I want too picks

John, no mate

1 Like

When was the last zero win season?