Review Thread: Nightmare at the G

Lloydy will tell us.

really appreciate Lloyds review.

I think it makes sense for him to work with Carlisles kicking as well. As Skipworth Suggested may happen. I would also have Edwards and fantasia there as well if we see them as forwards in the near future.

Geez i hope EFC are adventurous at selection meeting this week.

Dont hold your breath.

It will be Out, Fletcher, J.Merrett
In Gwilt and Zaharakis, not that there is anything wrong with getting Zaka back

Lloydy will tell us.

really appreciate Lloyds review.

I think it makes sense for him to work with Carlisles kicking as well. As Skipworth Suggested may happen. I would also have Edwards and fantasia there as well if we see them as forwards in the near future.

Geez i hope EFC are adventurous at selection meeting this week.

This has to be close to the biggest collective hissy fit I've seen Blitz produce since I've been posting here.

I’m a negative c*nt and even I’m a bit shocked at all the negativity.

We’ve been producing performances like that for years. Why all the shock?

Blitz’s ‘line in the sand’ moment.

It certainly appears that way.

Is anyone going to address the elephant in the room...Hirdy and his crew of outcasts were once again outcoached. Tiges slowed the game to a crawl but I didn't see much in the way of imagination coming from the box. Also are we playing guys that are carrying injuries that need a rest? Basic skill errors, poor decision making, crap ruck work. All can be addressed in training.

It gets addressed quite often.

This has to be close to the biggest collective hissy fit I've seen Blitz produce since I've been posting here.

Blitz’s ‘line in the sand’ moment.

This has to be close to the biggest collective hissy fit I’ve seen Blitz produce since I’ve been posting here.

Lloydy will tell us.

Are you saying NOB in?

Pesky trolls :slight_smile:

Is anyone going to address the elephant in the room…Hirdy and his crew of outcasts were once again outcoached. Tiges slowed the game to a crawl but I didn’t see much in the way of imagination coming from the box. Also are we playing guys that are carrying injuries that need a rest?
Basic skill errors, poor decision making, crap ruck work. All can be addressed in training.

Are you saying NOB in?

I object to the earlier comment that NO’B is accumulating “soft” touches. KAV offers a point of difference for the seniors (some pace!) but in the last few years has averaged 7, 10, and 7 disposals less than NO’B, and he plays closest to the coal face.

KAV’s most recent (and televised) game this weekend was notably better than usual, while NO’B just did his normal schtick of another 27 disposals and 8 marks.

But not in the one where we are talking about it.

I simply don’t get the notion of people screaming for Edwards, Dalgleish, Browne etc.

They say in: Form, out: sentiment.

These guys aren’t setting the world on fire in the VFL.

Edwards who is the talk of the town did ok yesterday but didn’t play against the Carlton whoevers.
I’m a regular watcher and he wasn’t blistering at Windy Hill 2 weeks ago either.

Browne and Dalgleish have been serviceable.
For those screaming for their inclusion are just trying to scrounge a saviour. It’s not here.

Chappy may be an out. But everyone else is pretty safe I reckon. No one is banging down the door.

With your view may as well delist 16 and have a playing list of 24. Never make any changes no matter how terrible the team structure or how ordinary the form.
Be ultra safe, conservative, and unwilling to try anything different. Just like Hird.

Feel free to twist my words around.

We want to reward form. Everyone is calling for heads but there isn’t anyone screaming to be included.

2 weeks ago we were all saying how important Cooney and Chapman are. Now the call is it is their fault.

We need stability whilst still blooding some young players who deserve a go.

I can’t see Chappy being dropped especially seeing we play the cats and this will be a game he pencilled in.

I expect Fanta to come in. It may be for Fletch.
The other option is a more mobile forward line with a Laverde or Langford.
These guys would be picked more on potential rather than a large body of work.

GB we may be screaming for change but no one is screaming to come in.

The thing that many people don’t allow for in the arguement for and against bringing in some guys from vfl is that there are a lot of guys who will never look amazing in the lower level but will be very handy at senior level
Granted its not the majority but there are plenty of examples of players getting a chance and looking much much better at afl level than they ever did at vfl level
The only way to find out if our depth is any good is to play them, reward form, reward effort, ■■■■ even to punish lack of effort from senior guys

EDIT: punish probably a poor choice of word, but they need to know its not acceptable

from the vfl i’ve seen and his preseason games Kav’s on-field work rate is second to none. He is covering the ground very well and working hard to present options all over the ground right to the final siren. In many respects that sort of work rate will be better rewarded at afl level. his work rate is carrying him to more contests too and his impact there has improved although it is not yet where it needs to be.

He also needs to clean up his disposal which still lets him down too often. At afl level he has often fallen into the trap of waiting too long for the perfect option to present and turning it over or getting caught. I think his game would improve he were prepared to kick longer to dangerous spaces rather than trying to pick off million dollar passes when he isn’t there yet with his kicking. if nothing else it would improve his efficiency stat (yes it is kinda of meaningless) if he started kicking long to contests. I think it would help his game a lot though.

i wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him get a run of 4 games just to see what happens. If watson is injured i expect he’ll get that crack otherwise he is probably still behind howlett for his contested work.

Kav will get that chance if he keeps playing like he did on the weekend. His problem is that for his first few years we really saw very little. For him it would be more about building confidence on the back of games like the weekend before subjecting him to the added stresses of AFL footy.

Can you be knocking down the door if, regardless of the numbers, you’re not really impacting games? That is more a hypothetical than a reference to N’OB.

It was indeed a nightmare Saturday night. Absolute horror for Fletch’s 400.

Still recovering.

Kav not often if barely at all before this season, thought DJR et al will know better.

N’OB’s problem is not the numbers but seems to be how little influence he has on a match, and that we don’t need another big, slow mid.

TBF, I’m not a huge fan of EKav… my point is merely that we need to give him a proper shot before letting him go. He has got himself beyond super fit this season and shown better form in patches. I just think a month at AFL level will tell us what we have/haven’t got… might help list management OR trade opportunities at the end of the year. If we never give kids a go then we will never know.

I agree with N’OB… a lot of ‘soft’ touches, but by the same principle - if people are demanding guys knock down the door…

The only two players that I really really want to see given a shot are Smack and Edwards, one for team balance and the other because I think he is a special talent. Edwards will never average 25 touches… but he can play a blistering role for our team.

Richmond have not changed from the side we have embarrassed the last two dreamtime games when we pressured them and they couldn't clear the ball past half way. They are the greatest pretenders together with North. I thought we should've won this game by 5 goals.

I think Damien founds his laptop…

so if we lose to pretenders what does that make us?

Losers.

Richmond have not changed from the side we have embarrassed the last two dreamtime games when we pressured them and they couldn't clear the ball past half way. They are the greatest pretenders together with North. I thought we should've won this game by 5 goals.

so if we lose to pretenders what does that make us?

Richmond have not changed from the side we have embarrassed the last two dreamtime games when we pressured them and they couldn’t clear the ball past half way. They are the greatest pretenders together with North. I thought we should’ve won this game by 5 goals.