Review thread round 19: Essendon vs Ducks

Disappointed by the umpiring.

Not saying that Sydney didn't deserve to win, but it sucks that the umpires decided the game.

Tell you what if we ever have to play a final at Walker Park Mitcham where tonight’s game was, we are ■■■■■■!

Sydney got their heads lower harder than our boys. Parker did a somersault at one point. Baguely couldn't even roll an opponent he'd already fairly tackled.

Why we kept kicking long wasted kicks to Carlisle right before Grundy bulldozed him away from the drop of the ball I don't know.

Just didn't want it as much a the Swans I guess.

I keep hoping we will bridge the gap between bottom eight and top four but I really can’t see it. Under pressure we just keep coughing it up and somehow sides keep taking the ball out of congested play into open space.

I suppose a loss we were expecting but not the worst we’ve had. Ballsed up the first quarter, they also got the ball out of our 50 too easily I thought. Still not in a bad position on the ladder. Don’t crack the ■■■■■ people.

We had our chances, had most of the ball in the second half

no free kicks in our f50, vs ALL THE FREES in their f50 = deflates you as a footballer on the field

the amount of non genuine bumps on ryder and carlisle going for the ball was ridiculous, no eyes for the ball just for the forward

disgusting.

First quarter was terrible, awful skills. I blame the bye.

Solid effort after that but were never going to win against that umpiring.

same old story, the pressure of a top four side frys the brains of too many players in the first half, and we are behind by about 5 goals.

have a purple patch in the 3rd qtr and have to burn so much energy trying to get back into the game, then fizzle out at the end.

It's a predictable theme really, which doesn't seem to be addressed.

how long will it take certain players to simply not bomb the ball blindly whenever they get it ?

Considering we played poorly we did ok. Crap game of footy. Hurls did great. Last kick into forward 50 was rubbish.

We were crap in the first half.
Umpires were crap in the second half.
Hurley was good all game.

That is the most one sided umpiring display I've seen in a long time. Give the swans 5 seconds to get rid of the ball if they're tackled. Anything remotely resembling contact above the nipples called high even if the swans player initiated it. Never call a ball up unless it looks like the Bombers player will clear the ball.

Stanton called out of bounds for playing on.

Boundary Umpire: Did you call play on?

Troy Pannell: No.

Boundary Umpire: So it's out of bounds then?

Troy Pannell: Yep, throw it in.

Unbelievably poor display from the ■■■■■ in lime. Won Sydney the game, no doubt about it. Two of their key second half goals from frees plucked from nowhere. Goodes falls over backwards, waves arms around in the air, gift free.

With the exception of our disposal in the first half, excellent performance Bombers.

What a disappointing game.

1/2 our team didn't decide to play tonight and it really showed.

Remove our best chance in the ruck to bring in someone out of form before the injury and straight in with no warm up. Belly did okay but would we have done better without him or a Belly with a match under his belt? A few clean taps to our advantage really may have made the difference.

Sydney certainly like to throw themselves around acting for a free kick. They aren't hard at the ball or brave.

Oh and was it me or was Goodes consistently throwing punches on whoever was on him? Didn't matter who it was.

ny_inside_the_actors_studio_1_173.jpg

1406724955523.jpg-620x349.jpg

mmmm... we've shown we can compete with the better sides. We played far from our best and yet we were no that far off winning. 

Hurly - has stepped up playing as a defender - strong marks, accurate kicking, good body work and composure.

When he was playing forward last year I'd worry about how he was going to go. This year, in defence, he doesn't cause me any concern as I feel confident he's just going to do his job and do it well. 

Arsey Goals Sydney 11

Free Kicks Essendon 11

That Goodes free kick against bags in the last few minutes made me lose my mind! Do we get free kicks for throwing ourselves backwards now? Ryder and Hurley were great!

When you look at the stats we were well beaten and you never felt that the swans would let us bridge the gap…they were just cruising…the high tackles are bull, the contact is almost always initiated by the player with the ball ducking or burrowing into the tackler. Bell chambers and Carlisle 2 very costly frees in last quarter.

fumbling… decision making pathetic… just some really really dumb players on our list. you can just rely on dempsey or belly or stanton to do something really dumb.

Yep...several things confirmed tonight

1. You cannot win if you forget to turn up against top four teams in the first half

2. You cannot win a game when the free kick count is 24-11 against you

3. The Hurley/Carlisle swap is a winner (they are now both starting to dominate their positions [obviously not referring to Carlisle tonight])

4. Channel seven commentators are sycophantic morons...farken Ben McGlynn is not courageous just because he takes a mark!!!!!!

5. I farken hate Sydney

I would like to apologise for my general demeanour in all threads this evening.

I have been on the angry pills something chronic.

Deep breath, deep breath.

F*CK I hate Sydney.

I going to try and type some constructive thoughts in a little while.