Review thread round 19: Essendon vs Ducks

We'd beat these cheats at a real oval with real umpires

just sayin.

Second half was better in patches…?

1406724955523.jpg-620x349.jpg

lots-of-ducks-300x195.jpg

I think we can walk away feeling not too bad. They are arguably the flag favourites yet we shut them down in the second half, out scoring them.

They were on yet we stood up for the most part.

The umpiring didn’t do us any favours but we also erred at the selection table. As I posted in the training thread, Bellchambers was not ready. Desperate move to play him. And Jerrett must have photos.

That is the most one sided umpiring display I've seen in a long time. Give the swans 5 seconds to get rid of the ball if they're tackled. Anything remotely resembling contact above the nipples called high even if the swans player initiated it. Never call a ball up unless it looks like the Bombers player will clear the ball.
Stanton called out of bounds for playing on.
Boundary Umpire: Did you call play on?
Troy Pannell: No.
Boundary Umpire: So it's out of bounds then?
Troy Pannell: Yep, throw it in.
Unbelievably poor display from the ***** in lime. Won Sydney the game, no doubt about it. Two of their key second half goals from frees plucked from nowhere. Goodes falls over backwards, waves arms around in the air, gift free.
With the exception of our disposal in the first half, excellent performance Bombers.

Most one sided umpiring since the last time we played Sydney.

24-11

My thoughts

- Felt like we were never truly in control

- Hurley was immense

- As soon as we started getting a run on - sydney get a run of soft free kicks ugh - typical

- Dell should play a full game - he creates opportunities

- Jackson Merrett is the most luckiest player in the AFL

I’d like to see Dell get a whole game. Thought he looked fairly dangerous and applied pressure.

Howlett will be in trouble to keep his spot. I really like him but just doesn’t get enough of it.

Jackson Merrett BOG again.

That’s how it’s done right?

That is the most one sided umpiring display I've seen in a long time. Give the swans 5 seconds to get rid of the ball if they're tackled. Anything remotely resembling contact above the nipples called high even if the swans player initiated it. Never call a ball up unless it looks like the Bombers player will clear the ball.
Stanton called out of bounds for playing on.
Boundary Umpire: Did you call play on?
Troy Pannell: No.
Boundary Umpire: So it's out of bounds then?
Troy Pannell: Yep, throw it in.
Unbelievably poor display from the ***** in lime. Won Sydney the game, no doubt about it. Two of their key second half goals from frees plucked from nowhere. Goodes falls over backwards, waves arms around in the air, gift free.
With the exception of our disposal in the first half, excellent performance Bombers.

Most one sided umpiring since the last time we played Sydney.

What a disappointing game.
1/2 our team didn't decide to play tonight and it really showed.
Remove our best chance in the ruck to bring in someone out of form before the injury and straight in with no warm up. Belly did okay but would we have done better without him or a Belly with a match under his belt? A few clean taps to our advantage really may have made the difference.
Sydney certainly like to throw themselves around acting for a free kick. They aren't hard at the ball or brave.
Oh and was it me or was Goodes consistently throwing punches on whoever was on him? Didn't matter who it was.

Wasnt just you i saw them all
He must have thought there was a teenage girl nearby so it was just self defence

McGlynn better than selwood

im usually pretty calm, but im as furious as all fark.

this is what footy has become? would you pay to watch that ■■■■? perfect for sydney crowds cause they dont have a clue. its fine letting them load up a super team via the COLA, cause hey, its about growing the brand. 

Goodes needs to be called out for staging for frees, he gets booed because he cheats, not cause hes black. surely someone has to step up and say it.

they didnt let us play our natural game, and you could see when it opened up a bit we were all over them in some patches there, but let ourselves down with poor kicking. by putting scoreboard pressure on them wouldve really made it harder for them.

i still dont understand the decision to bring the ball back so sydney could take their kick again when the umpire pulled up Pike for infringing against the guy on the mark. if its not allowed, then its a free kick to us. Same as the 'play on' over the boundary line, if the umpire hasnt called play on it aint play on. throw in all the head high ■■■■ and its reached boiling point here.

Hey guys there's a ■■■■■ on SBS right now!

Well that was weird.
Signed, that guy who just batted off to World News report on MH17
Edit: SBS 2

Whoops!
Diary of a Nympho starts at 11pm.
As you were!

Jackson Merrett BOG again.
That's how it's done right?

You're a broken record.

I'd like to see Dell get a whole game. Thought he looked fairly dangerous and applied pressure.
Howlett will be in trouble to keep his spot. I really like him but just doesn't get enough of it.

Totally agree Strut, Benny needed to impact and didn't.

Was that goodes or robben diving in the box?

Hibbo and Jobe really would’ve made a difference tonight- both hold their ground are are cool under pressure and move the ball forward.

Demps didn’t have a great night and it showed in the way we moved forward.

Hurls is an absolute gun and we are lucky to have him. You do not trade players like him.

Ryder was epic tonight as well.

Colyer provided great run - great to see his form is continuing!

winders who with Brendan dragged us back in the contest was great.

I thought the backline fought really well all night. The blitz in the first qtr was not their fault.

Jake was ok, but will have to get use to that attention - joe is really important for him and us now.

Overall I’m satisfied with our fight on the night. We could beat them on our day, but really a few of our players were off form tonight so work to do.

Was at the game… Absolutely lost the plot at that goodes free… We really got the raw end of the stick with the umpires, it was fukn disgraceful.

Hurley was awesome, our best by far!

Both games against this mob this year i have come away thinking that we can win.  hopefully we get a third crack.