Review thread V Freo - DJR wishes he started this thread

Woosha just said we had some great learnings from today :rofl:

6 Likes

Um Woosha McKenna forward is only an experiment, he is a proven backman.

Just because he or you don’t see a forward role fo him he is too valuable to be sitting out of our backline

Such a numpty is Woosha, sack him already

1 Like

You mean while Freo applied zero pressure?

Him and his learnings glad he’s ■■■■■■■ off this year

3 Likes

Agreed - Woosha should just take his learnings back to West Coke and fart off

1 Like

At least we all got to be anxious for 30 minutes about Essendon winning instead of being anxious about the coronavirus.

9 Likes

Zaha and Bellcho are the last of the malignant Essington we need to surgically remove from our club. Surely given the compromised season it was an opportunity to pump games into Ham. Side note - maybe his value is slightly diminished as his tank won’t be as useful in a game 20% shorter? Would still play him regardless.

Not sure what Cutler offers. He’s like Myers - just blindly gains us 60m, but his is from running 15 and kicking 45 (30m in the air just like Myers too).

Yep, need to put teams away though. Can’t miss so many dead set sitters from set shots. Most of our misses were from 30-35m out with little to no angle. We go in at half time 7-8 goals up like we should have and the contest is over

3 Likes

The media cut off the follow-up question to Worsfold re: McKenna.

Is McKenna the one pushing to be played forward?

The problem was the game felt the exact same as the last few years in so many aspects:

• Bursting out of the gates then any sense of pressure completely dropping away once we had a decent lead
  • The team selections bringing in a spud like belly over a bloke that showed so much more in the pre season
  • hurley getting trounced one on one and kicking it out on the full under no pressure again
  • zaka just a standard nothing game
  • stringer missing shots in that easy 30 to 40m range
  • Laverde offering basically nothing
  • parish and Langford still not stepping up
  • tippa and fanta missing for huge chunks of the game
  • our players that came from other clubs again our best players (townsend, sheil, smith, saad)
  • disposal at times shithouse and hard to explain

Just all so disappointing. I’ve said it many times, we won’t become a good side until we move on from the old essendon saga boys being automatic selections and let a new breed take charge of the side. And please, pick players on performance not on how good they were 5 years ago.

8 Likes

Goal kicking practice this week

The lack of a tall forward was something that left us vulnerable and easier to coach against.

They basically flooded us. Old school flood style.

We need Smack and Joe.

16 Likes

And still haven’t replaced Jobe. Mitch Hibberd comes in need him to combat Kennedy

Our 3rd quarter was not good. Anyone That thinks we dropped our heads for a quarter is deadset wrong.

You could see what was going to happen at 3 quarter time.

1 Like

Without reviewing statistics, I would say Parish played half forward >80% of the game and would have attended <3 centre bounces.

Langford I thought played the role of a winger well.

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Ordinary forward line - don’t kick em quickly and easily enough when we’re on top.

Sigh, you can’t win against negative thinking. If we had gone on to smash them it would be seen as a negative too.

I give up, you win, go sook into your beer and enjoy the loss.

Me I will enjoy the win.

honestly, my nerves relating to COVID-19 pale in comparison to my nerves about this club…

2 Likes

Looks pretty wingish to me.

2 Likes