Review thread vs Port — urgh

Freo have nothing to play for and we are good enough to win.

You cannot play well every week
Our injuries played big part today
My concern is that Heppell and Orazio and others are not fully fit or maybe worn out

Hooker cannot play permanent forward any longer

We really missed Smack today

We were due for a loss

Don’t write us off

3 Likes

Raz is so overrated play a big body one on one on him and he want get a kick

Honestly just thought the team looked flat. Nowhere near the run we have had the last few weeks. Heppell had a cold all week, McKernan misses right at the start with “illness”, what’s the bet half the team had or are about to display full blown symptoms of the “flu”.

Fantasia, kicked two but looks a long way off it. Just has not played enough footy this year to offer anything yet.

Langford was close to, if not worst on ground, although Zaka was trying real hard for the honour.

McKenna looked half jet lagged

Saad was below his best

Brown offers next to nothing if there is no contested marker in the forward line to help him out and Hooker today couldn’t glove anything until the last.

I though Snelling was best on for us, closely followed by Redman and Ambrose.

Shiel tried hard but was just off a fraction and the same could be said of Merrett.

Neither of the Clarke’s seemed to offer much, although to be fair to the taller one, all the complaints here about clearances should be directed to the smaller mids and their line coach. Their setup in the middle was woeful. We refused to put a player attacking side of the contest and the constantly waltzed the ball out from behind the centre circle. Most of Port’s ruck dominance came when Clarke was out of the middle.

Walla was like Shiel, tried hard and just couldn’t quite get things to go his way.

I am normally one of the biggest critics (whinger) of umpires on this site, but today’s loss was not on them. We were just flat and Port came to play.

Put it away in the memory vaults, never to be discussed again, and move on to next week.

11 Likes

Or pray they lose even, …

17 Likes

Langford has had more than enough chances to cement his spot. Into the cannon he goes

17 Likes

People need to stop worrying about making the finals.
We want to come into finals with form. If we aren’t, there is no point making it.

You don’t get a prize for ‘just making it’

9 Likes

Agree with this, and this should not be seen as conceding the season. Bring them in fire em up and have a red hot crack.

Have more to gain then lose by doing this long term too.

Mynott, zerk, moz when fit. Also reward form and play myers.

At Essendon you do

The players who have carried the team for the past few weeks are clearly knackered.

2 Likes

You didn’t see last week either?
The warning signs were there, the tank is almost empty and we are limping to the line

1 Like

Our starts to matches are really, really concerning.

2 Likes

Out-langford, Hartley, Francis(if injured)
In- players who will ■■■■■■■ play for the sash!

I blame my wife. For 5 weeks I’ve cracked the ■■■■’s and stormed out at some stage between half and three quater time and leave her to it.
Today she took li’l miss bonzo to lunch at half time and told me to come and tell her what was going on. By the time I had done that we were 40 points down.

Cursed us!!

P.S.,Mahal kita Asawa ko.

1 Like

Exactly we have to many b graders who would not get a game at another other club apart from a country league

We’ve got three weeks to turn around average / poor form before finals come around.

I don’t want to turn up to finals with the form we are in. It’ll be ugly.

Three weeks to do it.

Not feeling overly positive about it.

1 Like

To me it felt like we turned up at JLT practice match intensity, and it showed. Never looked sharp, the defensive pressure across the ground was non-existent. Our defending of the ground was woeful, and having no Hurley (injured) and Hooker (played forward for the first 3 terms) showed. The amount of times we have 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 defensive situations under a high ball on the wing and we allowed the ball to get out the back was alarmingly bad. We couldn’t lay a finger on Port in the middle. 43 tackles is below AFL standard. They had the same number but at least they can say they had the ball 55 more times than us.

In all, a very dirty day at the office. One that a lot of people saw coming. How we respond will tell us a lot about this group and their resolve. I’m backing the boys to put in a far better effort next week against the Dogs.

4 Likes

It’s literally the end of the world.

8 Likes

We need to find away to win another match. Sadly, next week seems very unlikely if Heppell doesn’t play. Hartley deserves another chance next week. No Zac Clarke please…McKernan must play ruck!

If they turn up next week I’ll believe.

1 Like