Review thread: Western Sydney Humidity

Yeah, that’s an easy extreme to go to after taking us up all preseason.

They had the courage to put in a CEO with business sense AND football sense.

They then surrounded their poor performing coach with excellent assistant coaches from other clubs.

Somehow I don’t think clubs are lining up to get Harvey and Skipworth.

1 Like

There’s a couple of things that might explain it.
Maybe a combination of a couple. It’s certainly telling, … they did look stuffed already very early doors.

What exactly was the Humidity level out there today, does anyone know?

1 Like

Just be patient, Mang.

Well, the last couple of years have certinly taught me to revise what the blueprint for a successful 2020’s decade might mean at Essendon:

• 2020 First positive season: fans don’t give up after round 1
  • 2021 Next positive season: fans don’t give up until after round 8 (might be a big leap)
  • 2022 Then round 12
  • 2023Then round 15
  • 2024Then round 18
  • 2025 Then lose fist final
  • 2026 Lose first final
  • 2027 Lose first final
  • 2028 Prepare to start again
  • 2029 Fans give up after first round
2 Likes

I think today was an incredibly low day for our club but after the JLT we were at least prepared for it.

I’m still hopeful we can get our sh11t together but that’s just the optimist in me.

The realist tells me we may scrape into the 8 at best.

1 Like

It’s a good thing we traded away all our picks the last 2 years and next for ready made players… frak me. We are the worst bits of Richmond blended with the worst bits of Stkilda

2 Likes

Talking is up?

I’m an optimist at heart but the one thing that I always question about this side is the mental strength.

You can look through my posts if you like.

For me it starts with Heppell.

1 Like

Shield final @ Junction next Sat is looking good…

1 Like

Just had a massive feed of KFC.
I’m okay now.
Who do we smash next week?

16 Likes

Maccas?

16 Likes

Our gameplan is so well hidden even our coaches don’t know it.
Seems we still haven’t learnt that we can’t carry any underdone players these days, especially with our run and gun game.
Seriously if players still can’t execute basic skills after 5 years of being in the system then fark them off.
We keep having theses conversations every final-less year.
We are stale and slow.
The fact our senior players are never talked about by anyone in the top 100 shows how average they are.
Other teams have brought in new young players and they look fresh.

I don’t think we lost for a lack of fitness, but I think this is an issue (though not the only issue). I certainly think we’re undercooked. Last year and this we’ve been flat going into round 1. We got away with it last year, but fell away after. The JLT showed we were underdone as well. Our marketing department would rather us hit full pace sooner, but think there may be something more afoot than simple fitness.

4 Likes

Humidity? Are you serious? We have a decent list with a really bad culture. Simple.

1 Like

dont blame the humidity it for all to see in pre season that they looked under done…

oh and i rode a push bike 150km yesterday it was hot humid the only difference i made an EFFORT unlike this team!

Justin Crowe. Explain yourself.

Well bright side is we may be 17th instead of 18th by the end of the round. Freo smacking the tin rattlers

suspend it or cancel it for next year. Much better ways to spend $600

1 Like

Who knows?

Club - coaches, leaders, players, fitness staff - clearly take far too long to recognise and rectify issues. Doubt they’re going to fix it by next week.

1 Like

Well they used Neeld last year as a scapegoat which I thought was rubbish at the time so who this time?

Clubs got a culture issue.

1 Like