Review thread: Western Sydney Humidity

No it’s got to be more than fitness issues. I am a 53 year old hack and I ran 8.5 km this morning - way more than the average 6 km per player. That’s lack of effort caused by … ?

Whilst I give next to no credence to Nixon and his rumours, that effort today certainly points to internal issues.

No team, I repeat, no team puts in such a poor effort when they are being flagged as potential top 4. We all know that they have the ability to do much better and this was shown late last year in a number of matches.

If you look at the body language post match, Worsfold’s bemused looks, it just doesn’t feel right.

2 Likes

We have kids that are fit but they haven’t been given any opportunities.

I would rather play a fit kid that’s desperate and lose then watch that rubbish dished up today.

1 Like

That’s utter crap. Dodoro recruits players and we’ve all praised him. It’s how they’re developed is what hurts. Eg Langford. He is a HF and plays that well yet we persist with him as a midfielder. That’s just an example

5 Likes

Are you Langford’s dad?

1 Like

Guess you’ll have to wait 2 years to find out now.

1 Like

It wasn’t systems and or set up. It was pissweak effort. That Zaharakis was one of our highest posession winners defines our team at the moment.

Yeah… I’m with ya.

1 Like

BROOM OUT ALL PLAYERS OVER 28

That stat is amazing. What does it signify? Were we unable to run in the humidity, were we unwell, or did we not know where to run with our new game plan?

We will come good this season, of that I am sure. I do wonder whether some of you guys are a bit histrionic. Win- “I love this club, I have tears streaming down my face”. Lose- “This club is ■■■■■■. I hope we lose every game, just to change the coaches…”

3 Likes

Maybe a virus went through the club this week, other than that I can’t explain why we’d be so far off every other club.

Coyle going at 16% DE in the freo game. You can take the boy out of ESSINGTON…

No - just a frustrated middle aged nobody! :blush:

2 Likes

Sickening.

2 Likes

It’s true. They take the (growing) membership base for granted. Hit them in the hip pocket then they will notice.

I find that difficult to believe, but if it’s true, it’s the most disgraceful stat imaginable.

1 Like

It almost seemed like we didn’t want to work today.

A number of times, Merrett would be close to the ball but just watched on rather than go in for it. Concerning to see.

They didn’t even look psyched up when they walked onto the field ffs.

2 Likes

What makes you think there is discontent?

There is nothing but apathy from the coaches down.
Supporters could see 5 mins into the first jlt game that they were way off the mark.

What has changed feom that point ?
The usual suspects still get a game.
Myers literally ran past a loose ball and fell over in the last qtr, and didnt even touch it, after having 2 meters on his opponent. No he isnt the only one who had a bad game.

The point being , the issues that were bleedingly obvious today arent new.

So im curious as to what makes you think its discontent.

Qhen more likely its just incompetence.

Sorry PP . . . a bit rusty

1 Like

You can quite clearly see that this ain’t right … it says that no Essendon bloke ran at all in the fourth quarter … actually, hang on a sec