Review v lions

TV showed Fletch getting a brace put on his knee. No info about extent of injury though.

No brace on in the change rooms after the game for the song, so may have just been a precaution.

Was an ice pack, just rest more than anything ahead of 400th next week

Will be rested and play 400th against Cats week after at home.

This
Deserves his 400th infront of full home crowd not a full house of Tiger bandwaggoning flogs

Interesting… If it’s next week then we will be arseholes for making it not about the indig…
Anyone else crack a tear when Joey got his 6th?

Cracked something, but wasn’t a tear.
Does that count?

Cooney too old. why do we keep winning games with this guy playing when we should play 12 possession VFL kids?

Cooney was good, but perhaps you are missing the point of playing kids. I would have taken an 8 point win two kids instead of Chapman and Cooney. Anyway good win.

Yeah let’s play the kids & aim for a Top 4 in 2020

You think we are top 4 now after beating Brisbane ?
You never know what might happen in the 2nd half of the season. You want to chuck in the towel after 7 rounds - thank fark you weren't around in 1993.
Good win but the mistakes in the first half really took the satisfication away for me. We should of won by 150.

They need to do something about the head high rule, players on both sides ducking the head for free kicks give me shites.

No, we should have won by 193.

Hard to win you have the massive number of clangers we did in the first half - 20 in Q1, 56 to HT.

Then Gleeson’s shocker early in Q3.

The clangers reduced significantly after that and our tackles finally started to stick…no coincidence that the scoreboard started ticking over. We won H2 by 53 points. If we were really at the top of our game we would have won by 100. But we are not at the top of the game and clanger count and tackling intensity are the call signs. Very happy with the win and kicking the last 3 of the match and not just fading over the line like we did against the Blues.

We move the ball like that, cut our the many basic clangers we made in H1, then we will be very hard to beat as structurally we have a very good side.

Best part of the win is that it was done with any significant contributions from Watson, Goddard or Heppell (as others I think have pointed out). It was probably the most even team performance from an Essendon side I’ve seen for a long time.

Ya canna have it both ways, man. If you play fast, direct, exciting football, you rack up the clangers.

What was the deal with the Goddard and Daniher mix up?

I still think you should be leading up at the ball as a forward. Daniher and Carlisle push back towards the goals too often.

sigh The dancing mascot. Kill me now…

Cooney too old. why do we keep winning games with this guy playing when we should play 12 possession VFL kids?

Cooney was good, but perhaps you are missing the point of playing kids. I would have taken an 8 point win two kids instead of Chapman and Cooney. Anyway good win.

You never know what might happen in the 2nd half of the season. You want to chuck in the towel after 7 rounds - thank fark you weren't around in 1993.

Lol at comparing this team to the 1993 team. We had multiple champions on evey line, and most of them were young. Fletcher was just young lad not 40 years old

Moved to Equal 7th
Boosted our % by 5-10%
No injuries
A week closer to getting our best 22
Joe Dan

But yeah, so any negatives.

I still think you should be leading up at the ball as a forward. Daniher and Carlisle push back towards the goals too often.

Kick to forwards advantage. There was no one between Mo and the goals.

Wasn't near a TV, didn't see a minute of the game.

Therefore, not surprised at the result. I watch - we lose, I don’t watch - we win.

You’re all welcome.

Me too, I'm quite happy to watch a replay after we win.

Lol at comparing this team to the 1993 team. We had multiple champions on evey line, and most of them were young. Fletcher was just young lad not 40 years old

We were 4/4 after Round 8 in 1993
great win. i reckon i might get on the bevvies.

I’m on them and they are farking deliteful ,have a crack we deserve it

Kick to forwards advantage. There was no one between Mo and the goals.

I think Goddard wanted Daniher to break sideways so any kick would not need to pass the defender. But he saw what Joe was doing and made the worst possible kick, so couldn’t be that high and mighty.

Good to see us win without massive inputs from Goddard, Heppell and Watson.

Gleeson was massive

The most encouraging effort for quite a while. The first half was so-so, with us playing in patches, holding our own around the packs, but slow moving forward and really looking no better than the opposition. The change after half time was remarkable. The team had obviously been instructed to play on at every opportunity and for once the players obeyed that instruction. The result was our two best quarters of the year.

There wasn’t a weak player in the team.

Richmond next week will be a test. They are playing very well.

We have already played the top teams, 4/4 not too shabby, also the freo game looks a lot better in context of what they did to Norf

Excellent game.

We turned the corner in our play style 2 weeks ago. Now with a few key personal back and a bit of confidence we are reaping the benefits.

Bring on the tiges.

Anyone else crack a tear when Joey got his 6th?

I didn’t cry but I thought about ■■■■■■■■■■■■

TV showed Fletch getting a brace put on his knee. No info about extent of injury though.

No brace on in the change rooms after the game for the song, so may have just been a precaution.

was an icepack

I think we found a better balance between playing on quickly and accessing the options. Last week our players over adjusted and blindly kicked the ball from every stoppage. This week, it was more controlled aggression at the right times which was great.