Review v lions

Plenty to like in the second half. Was particularly happy with the last quarter, and not sitting back on the 7 goal lead but going on with it instead.

Cooney is a very smart footballer.
Not sure if there’s a more in form key backman than Hurley at the moment.

TV showed Fletch getting a brace put on his knee. No info about extent of injury though.

No brace on in the change rooms after the game for the song, so may have just been a precaution.

Was an ice pack, just rest more than anything ahead of 400th next week

Will be rested and play 400th against Cats week after at home.

Cooney too old. why do we keep winning games with this guy playing when we should play 12 possession VFL kids?

Cooney was good, but perhaps you are missing the point of playing kids. I would have taken an 8 point win two kids instead of Chapman and Cooney. Anyway good win.

I have yet to watch it but I’m very, very happy to see a healthy scoreline up there for a change.

Chappy provides a lot of grunt around ball ups. He is a very smart player.
We just need Myers back and we will be pretty strong and consistent around ball ups.

Cant wait for rance to have a ultra brain fade next week and give it to cooney into a open goal, itll be the most awkward COOOOOOOOON ever

Very very good day. Good crowd, good win. Big performance next week and you never know.

Colyer has gone from fringe best 22, looking like not forging a career to in my opinion, our most important player. His influence is huge when he breaks lines

Cooney too old. why do we keep winning games with this guy playing when we should play 12 possession VFL kids?

Cooney was good, but perhaps you are missing the point of playing kids. I would have taken an 8 point win two kids instead of Chapman and Cooney. Anyway good win.

Yeah let’s play the kids & aim for a Top 4 in 2020

Sarcastica font victims.

Good win but the mistakes in the first half really took the satisfication away for me. We should of won by 150.

They need to do something about the head high rule, players on both sides ducking the head for free kicks give me shites.

need to get video footage of the melk blind turn.

Good win but the mistakes in the first half really took the satisfication away for me. We should of won by 150.

They need to do something about the head high rule, players on both sides ducking the head for free kicks give me shites.

Christensen would duck his head if he’s on his own.

No, we should have won by 193.

Anyone else crack a tear when Joey got his 6th?

Did anyone who went to the game notice the Carlton and United Brewery banner adds displaying around the boundary line fence were the exact match of the Brisbane jumper?
When they played these adds, the Brisbane players seem to disappear.
I saw Goddard kick the ball into space at CHF (he throughout we could run onto it) only for the ball to be picked easily off by Brisbane.

TV showed Fletch getting a brace put on his knee. No info about extent of injury though.

No brace on in the change rooms after the game for the song, so may have just been a precaution.

Was an ice pack, just rest more than anything ahead of 400th next week

Will be rested and play 400th against Cats week after at home.

This
Deserves his 400th infront of full home crowd not a full house of Tiger bandwaggoning flogs

farkCarlton flogged, farkBrisbane flogged. Pretty good weekend all told!

Zerrett is a farking tackle machine. For a kid that is all of 5foot 2 and 70kg wringing wet, he’s an absolute monster.

And for a bloke who’s played 34 first class games, JD is coming on strong. I think many here, me included, forget how inexperienced he is sometimes and often give him a pretty rough go. Awesome kick for goal and strong hands. Has got a massive carreer ahead of him.

You think we are top 4 now after beating Brisbane ?

No, we should have won by 193.

Hard to win you have the massive number of clangers we did in the first half - 20 in Q1, 56 to HT.

Then Gleeson’s shocker early in Q3.

The clangers reduced significantly after that and our tackles finally started to stick…no coincidence that the scoreboard started ticking over. We won H2 by 53 points. If we were really at the top of our game we would have won by 100. But we are not at the top of the game and clanger count and tackling intensity are the call signs. Very happy with the win and kicking the last 3 of the match and not just fading over the line like we did against the Blues.

We move the ball like that, cut our the many basic clangers we made in H1, then we will be very hard to beat as structurally we have a very good side.

Best part of the win is that it was done with any significant contributions from Watson, Goddard or Heppell (as others I think have pointed out). It was probably the most even team performance from an Essendon side I’ve seen for a long time.