Review vs Adelaide

They must be paying elani per free kick

2 Likes

A win is a win.
But damn we make footy like trying to solve the Rubix cube.
I cannot even think we’d get any kind of confidence or momentum that we can take into next week against Freo.

It was just a nothing gained game.

Too many passengers. Too many players who don’t impact the game through lack of possessions and other who get possessions, but don’t make them count.
Terrible leaders.
Our youngsters are learning from a generation that has no idea what winning looks like. We seriously lead a leader (from another successful club) to snap us into action.

10 Likes

We got season best performances from:

• Draper
  • parish
  • smith
  • hind
  • redman
  • guelfi

Our defensive work must be the worst in the league and by some margin. We’re not going anywhere until that is fixed. Our midfield is just nowhere in transition

We defend kicks outs worse than any team I’ve ever seen. And it has been happening for years. That is terrible terrible coaching

Our skill level and decision making is by and large awful with a handful of notable exceptions

That was the worst umpired game I’ve ever seen.

After half time their defenders man handled our forwards with impunity.

Ridley is a shadow of the player he was. We need to give him big jobs because his spectating and intensity doesn’t look good. He’s been completely spooked by sides playing through his man while he tries to zone off.

Please never play ham again

37 Likes

Pretty rubbish win but hopefully it’s just what a young team needs and we somehow kick into gear.

Our ground defence is quite possibly the worst I’ve ever seen

1 Like

Screw tex walker and screw that midget that dropped his knees. Little ■■■■

2 Likes

Insane to think how close nick was to not be on a list, love everything about his game.

3 Likes

I can see it now.

Human Rights Commission Monday meeting Agenda

9:00 - tea and coffee on arrival
9:10 - war crimes in Ukraine
9:20 - war crimes in Bhutan
9:30 - crimes against Essendon Pt1
10:30 - morning tea
11:00 - crimes against Essendon Pt2
12:30 - lunch

25 Likes

Big weightman vibes

Who is our defence coach, Tudor or gia? Because I have a bad feeling it’s gia.

1 Like

Called it.

1 Like

Can we stop with the Eleni bashing please. The other male umpires whose names we don’t know were also unbelievably terrible

5 Likes

Which I think needs to happen for this club to make any meaningful change.

We won. I do prefer this to losing.

IT does nothing to change my opinion that we are in deep trouble. Deep deep trouble. Umpiring was shocking… but our skills our just… well not AFL standard.

3 Likes

We ain’t beating Freo not on todays performance

2 Likes

We’re not a top side but at least there were things to like - Martin, Wright, Perkins, Phillips, Durham, Parish all can hold their heads high. Young & inexperienced guys gave it their all.
Sammy was much better & even Dev rediscovered some form.

2 Likes

She was worse, much worse. I don’t care that she’s a woman, I care that she is a terrible biased umpire

22 Likes

A win. Yippee…

Rebuilding?
That implies a few tweaks around the edges. Maybe trade someone of value out for big return.
We’re not rebuilding. In true Essendon style we’ve half-arsed it. Buoyed by playing finals, we’ve gotten ahead of ourselves once again.
We are ■■■■.
Utterly ■■■■.
A ■■■■ club with ■■■■ leaders, a ■■■■ game plan and a ■■■■ list.
We are miles off it.
Absolutely miles.
Watching us now is excruciating. Every bit as bad as the Knights years.

10 Likes

Keays is best mates with Kelly yeah? Get that man in the red and black

2 Likes

Please just enjoy the win today Nino. There might not be many of them this year, so enjoy it while you can

15 Likes

If FC lose, not s bad weekend

3 Likes