Ridiculous Player Titles for No Particular Purpose

I'd like to see us get rid of the leadership group rubbish and go back to Captain, Vice Captain and Deputy Vice Captain. A leadership group to me is like prefects at school, empowering them to make sure their peers follow the rules. I hate it. I think it gives wannabe leaders a power they don't need. Have the Cap, VC and DVC and let them run the show

Couldn’t disagree more. l/ship “group” has been a boon for clubs.

As for the OP, a leader for the U 23’s exists already, but isn’t & really doesn’t need to be formalised.

It would be simple though, (to reflect on Scorps post), to have 2 VC’s, one of which is always from the U 23’s & is that “leader”.

Or deputy VC. He would also be part of said leadership group.

A reply to: @BLOODSTAINED DEVILS regarding QuoteLink

I'd like to see us get rid of the leadership group rubbish and go back to Captain, Vice Captain and Deputy Vice Captain. A leadership group to me is like prefects at school, empowering them to make sure their peers follow the rules. I hate it. I think it gives wannabe leaders a power they don't need. Have the Cap, VC and DVC and let them run the show

As for the OP, a leader for the U 23’s exists already, but isn’t & really doesn’t need to be formalised.

It would be simple though, (to reflect on Scorps post), to have 2 VC’s, one of which is always from the U 23’s & is that “leader”.

Yup, that’s kinda what I meant, mate. Just someone with not only a wise head, but the youth to connect at the under 23 level.

A reply to: @BLOODSTAINED DEVILS regarding QuoteLink

Based on my recall, the U23 guys would be a bit in awe of the senior list guys. There is a 22 year age gap between the youngest player and the oldest. They could also see them as being a bit “unapproachable” ( depends on the person) and they talk about wives, babies, teenage daughters, buying houses and all that “adult stuff” . The U23s, particularly 1st and second year players would relate much better to guys in the U23 bracket, but those with a bit more experience.
As the aim of the process is to ensure the younger players do not get into bad habits, to make sure they stay grounded and
look after themselves in many respects, the idea of a young leader who can connect with the younger players is good.

Forget the “Junior Captain” name please. Hepp is already in the leadership group, and no doubt acts as a leader to the U23 group. Why go any further than that ?