RIP Ford Australia 1925-2016

I’ve owned a couple of Fords over the years. An XF Falcon panel van. It was a piece of sht. Died from a cracked head, ending up at the wreckers. Not learning from that I purchased a XE Falcon station wagon. Also a piece of sht. Another cracked head. Ended up at the wreckers. Vowed to never own another Ford again.

Well, I had a 71 Mustang Mach 1, and it was everything I thought a ballsy 70’s muscle car should be. Add to that an Xr6 that I loved-I have pretty good memories of Fords.
Really sad to see manufacturing in Australia go down the plughole like this.

Had a '71 Mustang Mach 1?

Yep, 351 4v, 285 factory bhp, C6 auto. Beast.Dead straight, bought off original owner in 1995. 100k miles.
Last "Stang b4 the emissions came in and emasculated them.
Couldn’t see a thing out of the rear windows, but didn’t really care…
Sold it for a house deposit.

Oh, and did I mention the 62 Galaxy 500 XL 4 door pillar-less we owned back in Vancouver. I’d forgotten how much I loved my big-arsed Fords. Makes yesterday’s news even sadder.

I worked at Ford Geelong for 15 months permanent night shift would be in the water for a surf by 8am every morning.
They were building XA and Xb ? i had a kombi so didnt take much notice.
Also worked for GMH at Fishermans Bend in the Casting plant.

either

Found
On
Rubbish
Dumps

or

First
On
Race
Days

depends on your point of view I guess.

Aww…thats nice…

^ What a farkin hypocrite. The gall to show his face, let alone comment.

what a farking Rsole. If he and that fat turrd he had as Treasurer hadn’t been so incompetent and grossly mismanaged the matter, we may still have had a car industry in this country.

what a farking Rsole. If he and that fat turrd he had as Treasurer hadn't been so incompetent and grossly mismanaged the matter, we may still have had a car industry in this country.

Really?

I don’t know the ins and outs of the death of local manufacturing. But I can’t imagine a brand as boring as Ford making cars no one wants helped their situation.

Holden wins!

Since Ford are the equal leader amongst makers of cars I’ve owned (Ford, Nissan 2, Holden, Saab, Mazda, Honda) and having owned 3 crap cars, 2 0f which were Fords, I can authoritatively say that Ford are crap and good riddance.

I can see you in a Saab.

I can see you in a Saab.

It was a convertible too.

I can see you in a Saab.

Cut it out, Reboot.

People will have no respect for me.

I can see you in a Saab.

Of course it was. Purchased new I bet.

I can see you in a Saab.

Of course it was. Purchased new I bet.

With a Bluetooth headset at the time or briefcase mobile phone?

I’ve owned two cars. My current is a Ford Mondeo. Very pleasant car to drive.

what a farking Rsole. If he and that fat turrd he had as Treasurer hadn't been so incompetent and grossly mismanaged the matter, we may still have had a car industry in this country.

Really?

I don’t know the ins and outs of the death of local manufacturing. But I can’t imagine a brand as boring as Ford making cars no one wants helped their situation.

That, and every ford you would want to buy is German made.