RIP Ian “Bluey” Shelton

RIP Bluey Shelton…

1 Like

To Ian Shelton. You were my hero as a young supporter. I was privileged to meet you at Avenel three years ago
Loved your football and your manner
RIP and condolences to Family

1 Like

I was very fortunate to have met Bluey a few times. And even luckier to have him sign some pieces for me including a 62 WEG.
A great story of his return to footy after his eye injury.
Because he basically couldn’t see out of his right eye, if he heard anyone running past him on his right side, he would let fly with a coat hanger. Half the time it was one of his teammates. No one was safe from Bluey.
A real character and like all the Bomber players from that era, one hell of a nice guy.

4 Likes

As a young teenager listening to the footy on the radio every Saturday, I would turn to the station with the Bombers game. Pen in hand and paper to write on, I kept the scores, and just loved hearing Bluey Shelton get the ball, run through two opponents and pass the ball down to Fraser etc. He, along with Alec Epis, were my heroes and was the reason I become a bomber fanatic.
Ever since I have measured every CHB by Bluey’s standards, and my wish is that Francis could step up, toughen his game, be inspired by Bluey’s legend and let the Bomber’s tough spirit live on in the modern era. R.I.P Bluey!

8 Likes