RIP Natalie Cole

Singer Natalie Cole, the daughter of jazz legend Nat “King” Cole who overcame substance abuse to find success in her own right, has died at age 65, her family says.

So many nice voices have left us in the last couple weeks.

RIP Natalie

Another voice added to Heaven’s Choir.

Wow, another one.

Nice voice, automatic street cred because of her dad also.

R.I.P.

RIP Natalie

Just can’t picture lemmy in that choir

To be honest, If N Cole came on the radio I switched stations.

Why bother saying it at all, she just died?

RIP Natalie

Just can’t picture lemmy in that choir

There is a fit for all (voice’s) in Heaven’s Choir o:) :slight_smile:

Musos dropping like flies lately.

I don't like her music. What are you, her estate manager?

I hated the big hit she had with her dead dad but I loved “This Will Be”, her churchy pop funk hit from way back in the mid 70s. Always a bit of a problem when your first hit turns out to be your best song but it still funks. Check out the afro, more Sly Stone than Nat Cole.
(This was the period when my metal worshiping mates thought I was a bit weird because I publicly stated that the Pointer Sisters were the greatest live act around. That’s the quartet not the trio!)

NB Changed the clip to this live version because of the HAIR.
The no afro no start band!

I hated the big hit she had with her dead dad but I loved "This Will Be", her churchy pop funk hit from way back in the mid 70s. Always a bit of a problem when your first hit turns out to be your best song but it still funks. Check out the afro, more Sly Stone than Nat Cole. (This was the period when my metal worshiping mates thought I was a bit weird because I publicly stated that the Pointer Sisters were the greatest live act around. That's the quartet not the trio!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-LBiZcN5RI NB Changed the clip to this live version because of the HAIR. The no afro no start band!

Yeah fair.

For my money, the greatest loss of black American singers is right here:

R.I.P. Whitney.

I don't like her music. What are you, her estate manager?

wombat

l liked the song she did with her father’s recorded voice. Novel, but not sappy, and was done with flair and taste. l thought she was younger than that. Very good singer. RIP.