Rising Star, 2014

Bits and pieces keep cropping up in various threads around the boards, so heres a thread to actually waffle on about it if thats your go.

fwiw, i don't think Luke Dunstan gets enough love in this discussion.  Started the year extremely well, has played in a rubbish side and if he has a good finish to the year should see him right in contention.  Under-rated for how good he has been in year 1.    Not sure he'll go on to be the best of the 2013 draft, not by a long shot, but has been really solid.

Any answer other than Zach Merrett will not be tolerated

Stats only go so far (not very), but in an award that really just looks at contributions over the year it’s worth a look at

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2014&rt=RT&st=SU

There’s a number of guys who’ve had pretty decent years to date.

Looks to be Bontempelli's to lose.

Bont is the media love child so will win, or be ‘robbed’ if not.

Biased of course but Aish has had a very good year at the Lions, if Zac doesnt win it I hope he does

Aish was very good at the beginning of the year.

BT was talking up Luke McDonald last night. I wouldn't have him in the top 6.

Haven’t seen much Saints, but Dunstan seems to have been going really well, playing all year with good results.

ZERRETT

There's a Collingwood kid that has been alright this year. Can't remember his name.

There's a Collingwood kid that has been alright this year. Can't remember his name.

Tom Langdon.
Has been ■■■■■ lately but still finish top 5 IMO

This is why the winner is entirely decided by the judges that happen to be chosen. No one watches enough to give a truly informed opinion.

Kade Kolodjashnij was very good before being injured.

Tom Langdon.

■■■■ kick

Fantasia for 2015. Lock it in

Justin Koschitzke, Jared Rivers and Rhys Palmer are prime examples that show a Rising Star winner can deflate into an ordinary footballer very quickly.

Tom Langdon.
**** kick
Talia won it. He still can't kick.

Justin Koschitzke, Jared Rivers and Rhys Palmer are prime examples that show a Rising Star winner can deflate into an ordinary footballer very quickly.

or it can show the opposte. theres a rising star award winner on our list. trust me, he is REALLY good