Rob Harding is the architect of our recent success. Discuss

5 Likes

Who was it that determined that Neeld should be the conduit to Woosha?

What if it’s a coincidence and all that really happened was Worsfold said lift or sod off.

1 Like

Then he must be kicking himself that it didn’t occur to him to say it sooner?

I believe that was the job of Daniel Rochardson who we poached off Richmond

He was probably using that time to get rid of neeld.
For unrelated reasons.

There are two things that have visibly changed.

One. The whole team is a lot harder at the ball. In that terrible sequence of losses there was no spirit, we were outnumbered at the contest, and there was no spread. All of those things have reversed 100%.

Two. We’ve played three super fast forwards. We did that when we played well last year and it’s working again this year.

And if you wanted to pick a single action that might have turned the team around, you could look at Dyson Heppell’s apology to the junior players on behalf of the senior players. I think that would have had a pretty solid effect on the whole group.

7 Likes

A few dot points that for me point to our success of recent times.

• Mark Neeld
  • Kyle Langford
  • Not playing an injured Daniher
  • Stringer fitting in
  • TBC form
  • Fantasia (Tippa usually only plays well when Fanta is in the team too)
  • A collective hard nosed approach to man and ball
16 Likes

It was a relic of Kerr wasnt it?

1 Like

Everything you stated + Saad hitting his straps.

4 Likes

Your point re tippa playing a lot better with razzle in the team is spot on. I hadn’t madebthe link but its so true

Yes most of the points raised are correct but the most important factor is more accurate kicking, especially in the forward half

Who ever clicked the switch to attack as soon we have the ball is the one to praise. Whoever got them out of the defensive mindset. Our defence wasn’t to bad it was the attack not getting enough territory and opportunities. Who ever gave us belief is the one that turned it around but I haven’t heard anything to suggest anyone.

1 Like

Part of it is giving Langford a decent run at AFL level.

1 Like

I don’t like to give people credit or blame for something without actual evidence to go off. If someone has legitimate insight I’d love to hear it, but I won’t be drawing any conclusions without it.

If enough people repeat the same mistruth it becomes fact in everyone else’s eyes, like so many Blitz myths before it

4 Likes

Big test again this week against the best in Grundy.

It’s just a discussion point

1 Like

Well it’s not actually because there’s not a single fact that suggests that Rob Harding has played any significant part at all. It’s possible that he has, but there’s no evidence pointing to it.

Sounds to me the OP has stated an opinion and asked us to discuss it. I believe it’s just a coincidence that Neeld was the problem, I think it was the role itself that was the problem.

We may never know but it’s certainly worth discussing as it seems to have had a massive impact on our team and season.

The evidence is our style of play and the reversal of our form. There is a very strong correlation. Obviously correlation does not imply causation, but to suggest there is no evidence is wrong.

Besides, I’m not making any definitive claims. Just Introducing a point for discussion.