Robert Hughes meets Bubba

Christian brothers were vile creatures.

I find it odd that even now, even with the enquiry into the Churches recently, people are so flippant about this. I hope people with information come forward. And I’m happy to say I don’t recall anyone I know being exposed to these sort of disgraceful acts

There were plenty of beltings handed out by the Brothers when I was there. Never encountered anything else.

It was discussed at the school reunion back in 2000, and no-one admitted to any memories of it, but of course, kids who'd been molested wouldn't have turned up to any reunions.

There were plenty of beltings handed out by the Brothers when I was there. Never encountered anything else.

It was discussed at the school reunion back in 2000, and no-one admitted to any memories of it, but of course, kids who'd been molested wouldn't have turned up to any reunions.

Only serious Sad Sacks go to school reunions.

Didn't get invited huh?

Didn't get invited huh?

To several.

The same sort of people go to those that at 85 still drag out their bronzed baby shoes thinking it's cool.

Didn't get invited huh?

To several.

The same sort of people go to those that at 85 still drag out their bronzed baby shoes thinking it's cool.

Been to a couple reunions and what was interesting is that the social heiracy that existed in 1985 still prevails.

That and Tracey ****** had had a t*t job and was offering up close inspections.

Didn't get invited huh?
To several.
Been to a couple reunions and what was interesting is that the social heiracy that existed in 1985 still prevails.
That and Tracey ****** had had a t*t job and was offering up close inspections.
Yep and the school bullies were now police, the school slattern was a MP and the brightest kids were gay and proud of it !

Didn't get invited huh?

To several.

I've been to one frigging reunion, knobends. The commos and shirt-lifters didn't front. Shane Maloney, author of the Murray Whelan books, failed to attend, as did Kosmas Tsokhas, Maoist economist and dux of the school, refused to admit that he'd spent two years there after transferring from Albert Park (which only went to year 10, as did a lot of schools in those days).

Sentence due in 2 weeks. Some of the witnesses have appeared to tell of their ordeals. Each charge carries a 2 - 10 years custodial period. He is up on 10 charges. His lawyer is claiming he should get a light sentence because the media attention has already destroyed his reputation. What about the lives he has destroyed? Should go directly to gaol and not come out again until the day he dies. 

I'm tipping the pig will get 5 years...celebrity sentence ( I hope he gets x10 but I doubt it). It makes me sick how they get favourable treatment because of their "occupation"

His reputation is his own doing, for better of for worse, deal with it.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/man-changed-appearance-after-brutal-rape/2006/12/27/1166895361607.html
Not defending Hughes by any means.
Gill will walk in 10 years and he shall be free. Any Pedo is given a life sentence whatever the crime.
Gill deserves an horrific death, won't happen but Hughes will be crucified. Can anyone see the problem here?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/man-changed-appearance-after-brutal-rape/2006/12/27/1166895361607.html
Not defending Hughes by any means.
Gill will walk in 10 years and he shall be free. Any Pedo is given a life sentence whatever the crime.
Gill deserves an horrific death, won't happen but Hughes will be crucified. Can anyone see the problem here?

Just read that article, so he shaved his head, burnt his shirt and threw his runners in the Barwon but reckons he didn't do it.... fark him, him and hughes should have to go bush walking with Milat

I went to a Christian Brothers college in Essendon in the 1970's. I won't name the school but there is only one.

There were two tamperers there. I only knew of one at the time. His MO was to look for the boys who were on the fronge of groups and invite them up to his room after school and ask 14 year ols what they fantisised about when they masturbated. Then the hand was on the leg and you can guess the rest.

This prick was arrested in the early 2000's with and charged with sexual penetration of minors. There 60 - to 80 separate charges. He was found guilty and the judge deemed that he was too old to go to jail, so he was sent to the Brother's retirement house free, yet he destroyed dozens of young boys lives. Justice? Pffft.

I was later looking at the site Broken Rites and found that another Brother was also named by the Catholic Church as assaulting young boys. We did not about him as he was elderly when he taught us in Form Four.

The schhol and the church have been silent on these matters.

When this stuff started coming out in the 1990's, my father asked me why I didn't tell him. I said , "dad, because you wouldn't have believed me."

And the Brothers knew that.

Sexual abuse was just one string to the Christian Brothers bow. There was constant physical abusethat was nothing short of sadistic.

I hate those bastards.

I went to CBC St Kilda in the 70s. Saw plenty of violence towards students and some returned in kind. Some great punch ups in my latter years. Never saw a tamperer though. Some of the Brothers were pretty decent guys. Sure, there were the arseholes but can't really say i was scared to attend a class.

I went to CBC St Kilda in the 70s. Saw plenty of violence towards students and some returned in kind. Some great punch ups in my latter years. Never saw a tamperer though. Some of the Brothers were pretty decent guys. Sure, there were the arseholes but can't really say i was scared to attend a class.

1962-70 at St Kilda for me. So you'd have been there in Bro Miller's day. Best teacher I ever had.

Did you have a teacher in Form 2 called Paul de P? He was a little gobshite. Not a Brother though. Small Man's Disease.

Heard at our 2000 reunion that he'd died of AIDS. Wasn't in the least surprised.

I went to a Christian Brothers college in Essendon in the 1970's. I won't name the school but there is only one.

There were two tamperers there. I only knew of one at the time. His MO was to look for the boys who were on the fronge of groups and invite them up to his room after school and ask 14 year ols what they fantisised about when they masturbated. Then the hand was on the leg and you can guess the rest.

This prick was arrested in the early 2000's with and charged with sexual penetration of minors. There 60 - to 80 separate charges. He was found guilty and the judge deemed that he was too old to go to jail, so he was sent to the Brother's retirement house free, yet he destroyed dozens of young boys lives. Justice? Pffft.

I was later looking at the site Broken Rites and found that another Brother was also named by the Catholic Church as assaulting young boys. We did not about him as he was elderly when he taught us in Form Four.

The schhol and the church have been silent on these matters.

When this stuff started coming out in the 1990's, my father asked me why I didn't tell him. I said , "dad, because you wouldn't have believed me."

And the Brothers knew that.

Sexual abuse was just one string to the Christian Brothers bow. There was constant physical abusethat was nothing short of sadistic.

I hate those bastards.

My cousin was the first non-CB headmaster there. His first name matched the school's name.

1962-70 at St Kilda for me. So you'd have been there in Bro Miller's day. Best teacher I ever had.

Did you have a teacher in Form 2 called Paul de P? He was a little gobshite. Not a Brother though. Small Man's Disease.

Heard at our 2000 reunion that he'd died of AIDS. Wasn't in the least surprised.

70s for me and Yes I did have Bro Miller. Hard but fair. Used to tell me my brother was useless and so was I. Never took him seriously though, think that's just the way he was. I do remember Paul de P. We used to put ■■■■■ on him all the time in our senior years. And the Brown brothers?

70s for me and Yes I did have Bro Miller. Hard but fair. Used to tell me my brother was useless and so was I. Never took him seriously though, think that's just the way he was. I do remember Paul de P. We used to put ■■■■■ on him all the time in our senior years. And the Brown brothers?

Laurie and Pat...unlikely twins. Jack Sheely came down from Sydney in 1970 to teach Economics. We had 47 kids in each class for the two Maths in my HSC year. 47 in each room, and 1 failure in each class. 23 A's in one of them, and something like 7 special distinctions. None of this 15 in a class rubbish.

I missed out on Bro Chapman (Pixie), although my brother had him in Form 3. Wouldn't have been too surprised at any accusations against him, but I suspect he was a pewf rather than a pedo. I think his headmastership was considered the era the school went downhill.

Just that name should frighten a catholic school boy.