Rohan Connolly - Writing for essendonfc.com.au in 2018

Replace the ors with ands and your close…

I don’t reckon this was true on even one occasion, much less ‘constantly’

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see his articles published sometime after 2020 when the rest of the site gets updated.

8 Likes

Looking forward to his 63519th article on why RATM are the greatest band ever and also did I mention my brother was a drummer?

6 Likes

Great to have you on board Rohan

Think this is a good get by our media department. He loves the club. Don’t know about all on here questioning his support. I’ve always seen him as an essendon fan. Twitter backs this up pretty heavily if you follow him

2 Likes

Now here is an idea for Ro Co to show his EFC cred. Get him to do a bio and write up on our list for the website. They at least have photos for the senior and rookie list now, albeit with Long still listed as a rookie (does whoever organise this even know or care he is on the senior list?).

All the write ups are out of date or non existent, so EFC should be looking for this info to be updated and it would be nice if it was done thoroughly and professionally by Ro Co.

What do you think @Bomb_Doe and @Catherine_Lio ?

5 Likes

Rohan’s brother was a guitarist and a great one at that. Vale Steve Connolly.

8 Likes

I must admit it was his constant promoting of them that prompted me to go buy one of their live albums. Love it.

Great get!
Love his work

And he should never live it down

When?

I don’t question his support. I just reckon he’s a bell end.

his shitrag published an attack piece and a full page photo of a child because of something her dad allegedly did.

1 Like

Yes, very much so. Some of his work with Paul Kelly is so understated. I love the guitar work in Sweet Guy, so simple but sounds so good.

1 Like

I’ll back up SMJ here. I can vouch that I have definitely heard Rohan bag Caro on the radio on more than one occasion, usually because of her stance on the Saga.

1 Like

Plenty of times. On air on SEN, in his articles where he was critical of the media witch hunt against Hird, and on Twitter when he would often make disparaging remarks about Caros articles (without ever naming her directly).

If you want to hate on the guy, that’s fine, everyone has an opinion (HAP also said the same thing). But to imply that he wasn’t critical of the media witch hunt is just totally wrong.

The evidence is out there for you to see if you’re doubtful.

Anyway, I don’t really gaf about all that. I’m happy he’s on board because he is the only football writer left who writes articles that I want to read. Actual analysis of football trends and matches, no fluff, no off field crap. And now he’s pretty much going to be writing about Ess games all the time? Hell yes.

4 Likes

I am disappointed because I really liked Shaw’s previews. I find him to be more accurate than Connolly.

4 Likes

I don’t have an opinion on him, because I never read The Age, and I never will. But I loved the article about his life as a Bomber supporter.

It makes me think there are many of us on here who could write something similar. Maybe we could have a thread devoted to it (Has it been done?)

2 Likes

Have we boned R Shaw for him?

1 Like

Irrespective of whether he was critical enough of the witch at the time, I would like to see him pay out on her now, in his new role.
Won’t happen, I know, because he is still employed by The Age… But a true supporter who has some inside knowledge of events, should be itching to write the story…
I guess the club doesn’t want him raking it up again, but for what it’s worth, I do. I don’t want to see us ever forget those events, and I don’t want to see us letting Rsoles like the witch and Gil off the hook by glossing over it.

1 Like

God I hope so!