Rohan Connolly - Writing for essendonfc.com.au in 2018

I actually quite like Rohan, aside from the fact that he gets easily worked up and keeps choosing to engage with every single Twitter troll out there.

He’s clearly a passionate Essendon man and he knows the players, our strengths/weaknesses really well and often has good, relevant questions to ask whenever he’s interviewing someone at the club.

All that said, Robert Shaw’s match previews provided some of the best content we’ve ever had on the club site IMO. Really disappointed that this doesn’t look to be happening again this year, as I found it incredibly engaging.

Happy with the Connolly addition but I would’ve preferred us to also keep Shaw for the match previews.

6 Likes

Glad to have RORO on board. Hope Scotty Lucas is going to continue his video previews & reviews also. I thought he was outstanding.

5 Likes

Is there confirmation that Robert Shaw is not writing anymore?

I enjoyed his match previews also and hope they continue.

to balance up his Collingwood jumper shame here’s one in the red and black

2 Likes

If only he had had some sort of platform, to air views, counter to the prevailing witch-hunt? Maybe if he’d been, oh, I dunno, some sort of writer or something.
Oh well.

1 Like

Footydonology

Far more technically astute than almost anyone writing about footy. Hasn’t ever taken off his coach’s hat.
Certainly dry, if that’s what you’re driving at?

You mean the ones who remember premierships?

6 Likes

And the 70s and how it was the worst period ever for Essendon. Ever.

It’s like sheeds though. Fans get all angry and the like wheel him out for a speech where he ■■■■ talks Carlton Collingwood or hawthorn and suddenly everyone’s on board.

I dunno, I wasn’t alive in the 70’s, but I’m pretty sure Robert Shaw’s insights weren’t requested because of his 50 odd games for us during that era.

Premiership Assistant, great tactical understanding of the game, life member, genuine bombers fan… I dunno, far less credentialed people have tried to talk Essendon to me.

7 Likes

Yeah, but he’s old, so he must be an idiot and not understand today’s young geniuses.

3 Likes

Yeah…good one. I’m sure The Age would have printed an article that contradicted it’s chief football writer and every other “journo” there.

1 Like

That’s funny, I rate him and I haven’t reached 30 yet. Mind, I already have a bit of grey hair.

Ro-Co’s great.

1 Like

/fxd

He had a massive crack at her on his podcast last year. Was great listening!