Ron Gauci and Jason Cunningham

They first popped their heads up after the Federal Court action was lost.- then disappeared.

Pretty clear they want to get rid of Hird and are probably at least part of the reason the club decided not to Appeal.

They have an agenda but I doubt it has anything to do with the success of EFC.

They are hoping Hird loses so they can again grandstand about getting the club back on track and get a few headlines in the rags.

Look at who is giving them air - SEN, The Age etc. - With friends like these......

No thanks.

They first popped their heads up after the Federal Court action was lost.- then disappeared.

Pretty clear they want to get rid of Hird and are probably at least part of the reason the club decided not to Appeal.

They are hoping Hird loses so they can again grandstand about getting the club back on track and get a few headlines in the rags.

Look at who is giving them air - SEN, The Age etc. - With friends like these......

No thanks.

doesn't cunningham do a regular spot on SEN

No thanks.

doesn't cunningham do a regular spot on SEN

Yes - with the nobs on Drive.

More reason not to stay clear of them.

From the Fairfax rag:

"Gauci said the club had failed to realise the doping saga was fundamentally a "duty of care issue" and that it should have taken steps to avoid protracted litigation and negative media attention, which have been damaging to Essendon. 

"Whether we know what was taken, whether it was legal or not ... the reality is we exposed players to a duty of care issue ... we haven't yet dealt with that."

Gauci said players privately lament a "toxic environment" at the club, which he said  showed the club's executive "haven't really understood the situation".

While he would not be running for president, he said he would "serve the club in any way the club wants me to" if he is elected. Mr Little was "thrown into the deep end at a very difficult time", he added. 

He reserved explicit support for embattled coach James Hird but said if Hird could prove that he has the "right skills" and was able to engage in "complete openness about how things went at the time", he may still be the man for the job.

"I think you have to ask James what his motivation is. But my perspective has been informed by those in and around the club who have a different view about how things should have been handled at the time."

No wonder the Storm got rid of him as soon as Murdoch was bought out.

James Hird has to prove to Gucci that he has "the right skills" !!!

Gauci's comments are vague, leaning towards Essendon should spread its cheeks wider.

Hope that's a more helpful and informative comment.

If that's misrepresentative, then he has our attention.  There's such a thing as twitter.

He can fix that any time he likes.  Otherwise...

Yeah, hasn't said anything substantive but seems to imply that we should have got the whole thing over quicker by, I can only assume, "cooperating" with the AFL more closely and not considering any court action.

Don’t like em…

best you check your facts there BLOB!!!

I think you will find that he resigned after the storm were brought out and at least get his name right if you are going to hide behind the key board and bag the the bloke!

its GAUCI NOT Gucci! # you wanker blob

Fair bit of heat being thrown around here, not sure that needed to be thrown at blob. 

I think you will find that he resigned after the storm were brought out and at least get his name right if you are going to hide behind the key board and bag the the bloke!

Hi, Ron, settle down, champ.

I've listened to Jason Cunningham many times. Sounds like a pretty smart and level headed guy.
I reckon he would be quite good, great in financial planning and advice.

Yeah, his advice is if you cut back one coffee a week you'll save $700 a year, over 5 years it's $3500, enough for a holiday.
Yeah nah, need a bit more forward thinking than that.

I've listened to Jason Cunningham many times. Sounds like a pretty smart and level headed guy.
I reckon he would be quite good, great in financial planning and advice.

Yeah, his advice is if you cut back one coffee a week you'll save $700 a year, over 5 years it's $3500, enough for a holiday.
Yeah nah, need a bit more forward thinking than that.

over 50 years thats a new car!

Brought out? Who's carrying them around now?

God forbid a typo caused by auto-correct!

Hey, had a crack at blob for no good reason either and then brought up the spelling of his name.

Hey, had a crack at blob for no good reason either and then brought up the spelling of his name.

Sorry, was directed to 6 monfries and a drive by shooting please.

From the Fairfax rag:

"Gauci said the club had failed to realise the doping saga was fundamentally a "duty of care issue" and that it should have taken steps to avoid protracted litigation and negative media attention, which have been damaging to Essendon. 

"Whether we know what was taken, whether it was legal or not ... the reality is we exposed players to a duty of care issue ... we haven't yet dealt with that."

Gauci said players privately lament a "toxic environment" at the club, which he said  showed the club's executive "haven't really understood the situation".

While he would not be running for president, he said he would "serve the club in any way the club wants me to" if he is elected. Mr Little was "thrown into the deep end at a very difficult time", he added. 

He reserved explicit support for embattled coach James Hird but said if Hird could prove that he has the "right skills" and was able to engage in "complete openness about how things went at the time", he may still be the man for the job.

"I think you have to ask James what his motivation is. But my perspective has been informed by those in and around the club who have a different view about how things should have been handled at the time."

No wonder the Storm got rid of him as soon as Murdoch was bought out.

James Hird has to prove to Gucci that he has "the right skills" !!!

If those quotes attributed to him are accurate there's no way he gets my vote.

Gauci Gauci

Gauci Gacui Gac ooo

How do you have explicit support of someone who may still be the right person for the job?

Big fat NOoooooooo to both of them!!!

Don't care if they are both lifelong supporters of Essendon - would have thought that was a given for anyone standing for board. I do care that they don't support James Hird and want to kneel down before the afl. The rift between Essendon and the afl is the afl's doing - The way they conspired against Essendon, set the club up for an almighty fall, targeted James Hird and tried to scapegoat him, lied and manipulated 'facts' to put Essendon in the worst possible light and directed asada to put all their efforts into investigating Essendon alone.

No! We need strong leadership but not a strengthening of the 'anti Hird' faction.

Brought out? Who's carrying them around now?

Oh so Gooch resigned - my mistake.

The Storm's new owners must have been desperately sorry he left.

Maybe he should re-apply for the job? After all he obviously has "the right skills".

Giving fairfax soundbites for their anti- Hird campaign?

Yeah,quick, sign him up…

Fark me essendon has some absolute ■■■■■■■ ‘wealthy supporters’.