Ron Gauci favoured to be next Essendon chief executive

I hope ron gauci gets it, did amazing things at the storm and is a massive Essendon fan aswell all aboard the gauci train

Don't want any of those purple wearing bastards near my club. Next!

You scared of success geek?

SAME OLD MEL-BURN

AL-WAYS CHEATING

SAME OLD MEL-BURN

AL-WAYS CHEATING

Don't want any of those purple wearing bastards near my club. Next!

You scared of success geek?

SAME OLD MEL-BURN

AL-WAYS CHEATING

SAME OLD MEL-BURN

AL-WAYS CHEATING

Interesting.

Do you take the same line with Essendon?

Ah, but Essendon wasn't found guilty of systematic cheating, they were found guilty of hiring dodgy people. 

(that's the party line around here, right?)

Former Melbourne Storm boss Ron Gauci favoured to be next Essendon chief executive
576899-ron-gauci.jpg

Former Melbourne Storm boss Ron Gauci tipped to take senior post at Essendon. Picture: Colleen Petch Source: Herald Sun

THE man who cleaned up the Melbourne Storm salary cap mess has emerged as the front-runner to oversee a similar makeover at Essendon.

Ron Gauci, who left the Storm after a change of ownership in May, is believed to be the favoured candidate for the CEO position at Windy Hill. 
Acting Essendon CEO Ray Gunston announced on Monday that he wouldn‘t be seeking the role on a permanent basis.
Former Tennis Australia chief executive Steve Wood, who is a passionate Essendon supporter and close friend of James Hird, is the other leading candidate. 
Gauci, who is also being considered by St Kilda for its chief executive position, earnt rave reviews for his work in re-building the Storm after the club was rocked by the salary cap scandal. 
He took over the job in 2010 and was seen as a driving force behind the Storm‘s 2012 premiership success.
Gauci was given five years to ready Storm for private ownership and did it within three.
He also pulled off a major coup by persuading coach Craig Bellamy to re-sign with the club.
The Bombers are keen to get the final piece of its administration in place now that its football department is settled following the appointment of former Crow Nathan Bassett as an assistant coach. 
Bassett, who played 210 games with Adelaide, has had great success with SANFL club Norwood leading them to back to back premierships in 2012-2013.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-melbourne-storm-boss-ron-gauci-favoured-to-be-next-essendon-chief-executive/story-fni5f6kv-1226741892169

Any chance of Steve Wood coming to us and  Vlad going to Tennis Australia?

Come on down Ron. A fellow Storm man is always welcome aboard! :P

Come on down Ron. A fellow Storm man is always welcome aboard! :P

..and by the looks of his surname (Gauci) a good Maltese fella..... things are looking up for the little island in the Med

Would be the final missing piece in the puzzle, found. He would also be a good get for us. l can see it happening. ■■■■■■ huge off field things/stuff happening at EFC right now. Good stuff. 

Land the big fish please....

Great move if we go down this path. The best way to shove it up Caro and co is to rebuild and rebound as quickly as possible.

Great move if we go down this path. The best way to shove it up Wilson and co is to rebuild and rebound as quickly as possible.

Exactly - no need to respond to her crap articles filled with innuendo & allegations masquerading as truth.

Respond by being successful and just pointing to the scoreboard.....

Is our Footy Department "settled" yet? 

OUT: Wallis, Wellman, Goodwin, Hird, Thompson (Egan)

IN: Goodwin, Thompson, Bassett??

Didn't count Craig as he is in a newly created position, and Egan is rumoured to have left but even if not I count 2 positions still needing to be filled?

I backed him the day he rode Super Impose to win the Epsom.

Top man. Good horse.

BRING HIM IN

Bernards boy, sign him up.

Runs...board.

Love it.

Is our Footy Department "settled" yet?
OUT: Wallis, Wellman, Goodwin, Hird, Thompson (Egan)
IN: Goodwin, Thompson, Bassett??
Didn't count Craig as he is in a newly created position, and Egan is rumoured to have left but even if not I count 2 positions still needing to be filled?

Pretty sure Wally's role was 3rd assistant to the bootstudder... I count 1.
Craig is into Corcoran's job from 2011-12 and I would guess he might hop into footy manager if required.

Thought Wally was bona fide development coach, pretty important role, then he farked up, replaced by Byrne, came back and fark knows what he did when he came back?

I could have sworn Craig is in an entirely new spot, didn't an article say "these new jobs are all the rage in football clubs now as footy depts only get bigger"?

Thought Wally was bona fide development coach, pretty important role, then he farked up, replaced by Byrne, came back and fark knows what he did when he came back?

I could have sworn Craig is in an entirely new spot, didn't an article say "these new jobs are all the rage in football clubs now as footy depts only get bigger"?

Think he said that in his presser.

I'm Idaho.