Round 1 - Ess v Hawks - Sunday 19th March 2023 - 3.20pm @ the G - the buildup

That sucked.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen that movie before in 2021.

Give it a miss.

4 Likes

This pretty close to what the team will be, but I reckon Walla is at least two months off selection. Snelling will play IMO. I suspect theyā€™ll go with Jones over Voss too, but I donā€™t think I would. Guelfi also may get up, especially if Caldwell isnā€™t right to go.

1 Like

Just doing my FLR and there are some really difficult games to tip in the first 5 weeks.

And this is one of them.

I hope we play the kids.

Out tank Hawthorn.

1 Like

Maybe you haveā€¦

I agree. Heā€™s not ready. Heā€™s still carrying too much weight and his fitness isnā€™t there yet. If this clubs serious about raising standards, and holding everyone accountable, he simply isnā€™t ready to play. What that means for small forwards I donā€™t know. Fixing this clubs culture, holding everyone to higher standards and sending the right messages to the group at the outset I think is so important. Potentially an example of a sliding doors moment.

You just know Mitchell will make sure Hawthorn will turn up to one game this year and itā€™ll be round one smashing us.

1 Like

And our team will bend over and make easy for them

Never seen such a bunch of mentaly soft players in my time of following Essendon and this is not just based on yesterday we have been a soft footy team for decades

2 Likes

sunday 3.20@theG, is HARLEY REID cup

Not expecting them to be good, just donā€™t be too ā– ā– ā– ā–  and embarrassing.

You could just sit at the bar for the whole game. :smiley:

1 Like

I have done that before too :joy:

1 Like

Man o man, the footy threads are a hard read lately.
Granted, i havent seen either game.

Im spending the immediate future in the Cooking and/or Coffee threads.

2 Likes

12 Likes

at least bltn didnā€™t lecture everyone about overreacting when not watching it. thats always a favourite

2 Likes

we will win by 50+. second youngest team and measuring mentality off a practice game is a borderline 60 IQ move

1 Like

when youre done can you please pass the pipe?

1 Like

yep. donā€™t listen to the carlton / collingwood trolls that frequent this board. lifes good and weā€™re on the verge of a dynasty

weā€™re more talented that the hawks. if you knew footy (you donā€™t) youā€™d know the same