Round 1 Non-Essendon Game Thread

Freo are a serious unit. Lyon worth whatever they pay him

Poor form from 3/4 of the Collingwood crowd who left early.

That is the best bit

Quick votes

5 - Fyfe

4 - Barlow

3 - McPharlin

2 - Mzungu

1 - Mundy

Only good thing for the Ferals was Langdon. Quality young talent.

SEN talkback for the lulz people.

Collingwood are rebuilding? I thought they were calling themselves a finals side.

The amount of people "done with football" on this forum is incredible.

Even more amazing, they keep commenting on football.

If that's how your going to be, I'm done with football.

If that‘s how you‘re going to spell, I'm done with football.

■■■■■■ hell!!. Embarrasing. It was the predictive text, I say!

All turning on Bucks!

It's always a great night when cwood loses! Hope this trend continues through the entire season.

Lock down everything from Preston northwards.

Collingwood look slow and unfit. they also look structurally disorganised, a bit like we have so far this year. there might be a lot of sides at unusual stages of preparation this preseason.

I had to look twice at one stage, besides the fact it was white instead of red on the jumper, the way they were playing was very Essendon like.

I wonder how much the new limited rotations will work in Favour of sides like Freo, who don't necessarily require themselves to get first possesion of the ball, but merely flood back into oppositions forwardlines, and then try and burn them on the counterattack.

In the sense so many teams are going to have to burn so much energy trying to break through their wall, that defensively they will be very vunerable to counterattacks.

hahahahahaha Lolingwood

Lock down everything from Preston northwards.

Cheers, I do think of myself as the great defender of civilisation. The border to the Great Wastelands is about 35 metres north of me.

The amount of people "done with football" on this forum is incredible.

Even more amazing, they keep commenting on football.

If that's how your going to be, I'm done with football.

If that‘s how you‘re going to spell, I'm done with football.

If that's how you're done with football, I'm done with football.

Collingwood look slow and unfit. they also look structurally disorganised, a bit like we have so far this year. there might be a lot of sides at unusual stages of preparation this preseason.

I had to look twice at one stage, besides the fact it was white instead of red on the jumper, the way they were playing was very Essendon like.
I wonder how much the new limited rotations will work in Favour of sides like Freo, who don't necessarily require themselves to get first possesion of the ball, but merely flood back into oppositions forwardlines, and then try and burn them on the counterattack.
In the sense so many teams are going to have to burn so much energy trying to break through their wall, that defensively they will be very vunerable to counterattacks.

Possession is becoming more valuable than ever and sides are going to have to increasingly approach their fwd entries in manner similar to invasion sports, cautiously. Long ball premier league football will get you torched against quality opposition.It also makes keeping spares behind the ball rather than at the contest very important. Hope bomber took some notes.
Greater possession efficiency applied frei to dominate that

Quick votes

5 - Fyfe

4 - Barlow

3 - McPharlin

2 - Mzungu

1 - Mundy

Only good thing for the Ferals was Langdon. Quality young talent.

No love for Sandi??
thought he was 3rd best behind Fyfe and barlow

freo did look good by hand and by foot.

pretty well best team in tonight.

peaked too early I say !

Tonight re-emphasised that Collingwood are ordinary. I have been banging on their poor kicking efficiency - They don't give their forwards many chances. And Buckley was so self absorbed in changing what he saw as a poor culture, which in fact was a winning culture, that he lost the trust and faith of a large group of players.   

Possession is becoming more valuable than ever and sides are going to have to increasingly approach their fwd entries in manner similar to invasion sports, cautiously. Long ball premier league football will get you torched against quality opposition.It also makes keeping spares behind the ball rather than at the contest very important. Hope bomber took some notes.
Greater possession efficiency applied frei to dominate that

Not sure If Freo's efficiency was that great, however they seemed to have alot of space and one on one's in their forward half

Freo and ross lyon teams of past (sydney and Saints) have been very good at setting up numbers behind the play, so liike I said it' would appear the new rule changes will prolly help them.

But agree we need to learn from it, as we will get killed by the better sides, hell even the ■■■■■■ ones, if we continue to play bomb it long at all cost without any direction to it.

You almost have to have at least 2 spare men  behind the play at all times now, Space and one on one's is the main way teams will score against you now. as sad as it is, think we are gonna see alot of ugly football games this year in general, as sooner rather than later, teams will mimic Freo to within an inch of their lives, and there's gonna be alot of ■■■■ negative non scoring football, yay.

You almost have to have at least 2 spare men  behind the play at all times now, Space and one on one's is the main way teams will score against you now. as sad as it is, think we are gonna see alot of ugly football games this year in general, as sooner rather than later, teams will mimic Freo to within an inch of their lives, and there's gonna be alot of **** negative non scoring football, yay.

And Vlad won‘t say a thing. Gutless wonder.

Frrrreeeeeeoooooooooooo

Collingwood have a lot of prime time games coming up. Might be a few fizzers if they continue to be useless.