Round 1 Non-Essendon Game Thread

And I still think there should be two Friday night games. One in Melbourne and one somewhere else.

Collingwood have a lot of prime time games coming up. Might be a few fizzers if they continue to be useless.

Well, we can only hope.....

i went to bed at half time. glad to hear that freo really went on with it and mauled buckleys lot. suck it, pies. 

was amazing how hard it was for the pies to kick a goal, then just goes up the other end and freo manufacture one quite easily

I wasnt watching too closely. But langdon had possibly the 2 worst turnovers of the match early on. Well actually maybe Maxwell beat him with his. But he looked like a deer in the headlights when it was hot. Beat walters with a few minutes left and freo cue in the rack. If he was a positive they are scraping rock bottom. Swannie looks nearly done too.

I hate this split round nonsense.

I am interested to see how the Suns go tonight.

I think they could easily beat the Tigers simply because of the Ablett factor and another preseason into their good young talent.

Out: Kieran Jack.

In: Ryan O'Keefe.

The depth at COLAville is impressive.

I think they could easily beat the Tigers simply because of the Ablett factor and another preseason into their good young talent.

I think the suns will be a top 8 team this year

I wasnt watching too closely. But langdon had possibly the 2 worst turnovers of the match early on. Well actually maybe Maxwell beat him with his. But he looked like a deer in the headlights when it was hot. Beat walters with a few minutes left and freo cue in the rack. If he was a positive they are scraping rock bottom. Swannie looks nearly done too.

He actually got amongst it a lot and took the game on. I thought the most noticeable things was how he handled himself in the game and didn't shy away.
Funny how two people can see two different things.

Me also.
A team like Collingwood will drop out and they will come in.

Me also.
A team like Collingwood will drop out and they will come in.

Not a chance IMO. Their mids are good, but their kpp up forward haven't matured yet.
Any game without ablett they will lose

Lightening has the players of the ground at Skoda

Franklin might have swapped clubs, but he is still a wanker

This could be the longest game in history

Fair old storm up there.

Lightening has the players of the ground at Skoda

When they changed the rule after the lights-out game at Waverley, they said you needed half a game for it to count. After half-time, the crowd can invade the ground and the leading team wins.

P.S. Fark Foxtel and their insistence on running games back-to-back.

Umps still love Sydney

A few big bodies have made a huge difference to GWS

How has Shaw played?

Has any AFL game been stopped for lightning? Has any game in any code of football been stopped for lightning?