Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
This is by far the best side of the last 25 years, maybe longer. They are that fkn good.

if they go undefeated they will be.

We had a great season. The best, for a lonnng time. But we wernt a power for a long period of time

This side is better, they have been so good for 4 years and don’t look like slowing up anytime soon

Agree. Cannot be argued.

They are incredible.

3 flags in the 70’s, 4 in the 80’s, 1 in the 90’s and then another 3 after that.

Unfortunately their current run does not appear to have an end in sight.

they made the most of compos and free agency.

Don’t care how they did it, wish that was our recent record.

just saying, how many of our compos are still around? and getting buddy and roughhead in the same draft.

And Lewis lol

Giving up Croad to get Hodge and then getting Croad back.

Tricking North into giving good picks for absolute hacks.

Picking up Mitchell in the 30’s

Getting Cyril at 12 or 13

Doing some covert espionage ■■■■ to get Gunston

Picking up Breust

Snagging Burgoyne

The list goes on.

Fark I hate Hawthorn.

Pretty sure he was ours if we wanted him when he first wanted to come home

If that’s true you’ve just crushed a small piece of my soul…

not to rub it in, but tis true, seeing his dad was/is on the board and are obviously mad bomber fans. We um'd and argh'd over weather he was needed, you know cos we had the superstar fowards in Crameri Hurley and Gumby, how could we possibly fit Gunston in, and Hawthorn showed they were interested from day dot.

The 3 luckiest players of the last decade are Joel Selwood, Rioli and Gunston.

All 3 should and could have ended up with us. 2 are now 3 time premiership winners, the other a 2 time premiership winner.

Easier in hindsight sure but geez the been on the end of some bad luck with judgement of players.
Rioli wasn’t picked up prodominately cos we had Lovett, Davey Jetta as the x factor small forwards Lovett was gone a year later, Davey never really recovered from his Knee, and Jetta just faded badly.
Gunston as mentioned above, Crameri gone, Gumby was always a long shot at ever making it due to his body and Hurley is now down back.

Key lesson should be, that people over estimate our players worth and that you never know what will happen down the track, so you get damn good talent no matter what their position and or our supposed over abundence in that area.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
This is by far the best side of the last 25 years, maybe longer. They are that fkn good.

if they go undefeated they will be.

We had a great season. The best, for a lonnng time. But we wernt a power for a long period of time

This side is better, they have been so good for 4 years and don’t look like slowing up anytime soon

Agree. Cannot be argued.

They are incredible.

3 flags in the 70’s, 4 in the 80’s, 1 in the 90’s and then another 3 after that.

Unfortunately their current run does not appear to have an end in sight.

they made the most of compos and free agency.

Don’t care how they did it, wish that was our recent record.

just saying, how many of our compos are still around? and getting buddy and roughhead in the same draft.

And Lewis lol

Giving up Croad to get Hodge and then getting Croad back.

Tricking North into giving good picks for absolute hacks.

Picking up Mitchell in the 30’s

Getting Cyril at 12 or 13

Doing some covert espionage ■■■■ to get Gunston

Picking up Breust

Snagging Burgoyne

The list goes on.

Fark I hate Hawthorn.

Pretty sure he was ours if we wanted him when he first wanted to come home

If that’s true you’ve just crushed a small piece of my soul…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
I can see that the Cats are using Motlop at every possible opportunity but it got them into trouble today - Think the Cats need to be more selective in their use of Motlop - Lets face it his disposal was atrocious today.

Yep that is what lost them the game

Again you offer nothing to the discussion - Nowhere in my post did I state or infer that the use of Motlop cost the Cats the game. I was commenting in how they over-used Motlop to their detriment and that Motlop’s disposal was inefficient.

Again you post absolute rubbish.

Motlop getting the ball to many times is the least of the cats problems.

Motlop getting too much of the ball is a problem when he butchers it like on Monday.

No it’s not. Motlop not using the ball to the best of his ability is a problem. Getting too much of the ball is not a problem…ever.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
I can see that the Cats are using Motlop at every possible opportunity but it got them into trouble today - Think the Cats need to be more selective in their use of Motlop - Lets face it his disposal was atrocious today.

Again you offer nothing to the discussion - Nowhere in my post did I state or infer that the use of Motlop cost the Cats the game. I was commenting in how they over-used Motlop to their detriment and that Motlop’s disposal was inefficient.

Motlop getting too much of the ball is a problem when he butchers it like on Monday.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Thought GWS was disappointing - Looked a 6 or 7 goal better team in general play, but yet fell over the line.

Taylor Walker is a gun - Think under-rated in the general footy community - Beautiful field kick, excellent vision and very team oriented.

Lots of errors in the Freo/Power game, especially forward of centre - This game has already been over-hyped - Though Round 1 games tend to be error strewn.

I watched the whole game, it was hardly over-hyped. It was a sensational game to watch and for a round 1 game was far better than anyone would have expected. Mistakes were made but they always are in round 1.

It was an excellent contest and good to watch, but hardly a highly skilled game - Even Ross Lyon said the skill level was down. - Both teams will improve skill wise in the next few weeks - Anyway Power has lots more improvement than Freo - Had 5 players making their debut for the season - That cost power the win.

On other matters - very impressed with Jack Lonie of the Saints - Excellent skills and decision-making - A natural player.

No one said it was a highly skilled game, they said it was a fantastic game to watch and it was hard to know who was going to win. A tough contest from the start to the finish with no one side truly ganing total control.

You saw a highly skilled game today and it was a slaughter against the Cats but not really much of a game.

When commentators and sundry describe it as a round 1 classi, then one can assume that it was a highly skilled game - I actually found it a frustrating game because of the skill errors - Freo disposal forward of centre was disappointing.

Quoted Post

Sumner just walked out on the Suns

Lost the passion to play apparently…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Sumner just walked out on the Suns

Lost the passion to play apparently…

Strange considering he is only 20?

Quoted Post

The AFL vastly overestimated the value of money compared to success for players (probably not a surprising miscalculation when you look at the people running the comp), and moneygrubbing was the only thing that gave bad clubs any chance once free agency started.

This.
Its blindly obvious players will take a pay cut to stay together.
Rioli would rather stay at Hawks on 10% less as he is guaranteed finals every year for the short term with their list.

The only players to leave teams in flag contention went to other teams in contention - Buddy to Swans or for the Money as they were pushed out Mumford. Only free agent freo got was silvia…and hes unfit.

The other thing is good clubs are topping up, keeping guys 30-33 then replacing them with another free agent when they hang up the boots.

Also clubs are willing to trade good players on the fear, of free agency in future and they will get less value or player will go to PSD.

If your team isnt performing its a poor strategy and north would be worried after their round 1 performance. As a rebuild after topping up isnt ideal.

Richmond is going to win by about 15 goals tonight.

Concur.

Indeed. Pressure is all on fark carlton tonight really. They’ll wilt.

Anyone know much about the two new kids tonight? I havent watched any of their NAB cups - Want to know if they are supercoach worthy

Cripps is the only kid worth putting in from Fark Carlton IMO.

The great thing about tonight’s game is one of the teams will have their delusions punctured, the other one will become even more deluded making their inevitable failure even more hilarious. It’s what makes it the perfect season opener.

Please Richmond please utterly utterly smash them. Hope Jack kicks 10 and Martin kills Judd

I hope for a draw.

Fark them both.

Hope judd pings a hammy