Round 1

The way the club use chappy is going to be interesting, correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t they looking at him playing around 16 games for the season? If so how will they do that. Start off slow as a sub, or just rest him against the games they believe are “sure things” or rest and rotate with Winders for injury management.

Chappy has said he plans to either play, or not (i.e. it‘s not 12 games plus 8 half-games).

Id go -
B - baguley hurley fletcher
HB - dempsey hooker pears
C - heppell watson goddard
HF - zaharakis carlisle chapman
F - hardingham daniher kommer
R - paddy stanton hocking
int - z.merrett, myers, jetta, howlett (sub)

Don't ya mean
B - hooker
Mid - baguley hurley fletcher
Mid - dempsey hooker pears
Mid - heppell watson goddard
Mid - zaharakis carlisle chapman
mid - hardingham kommer
Mid Wing - daniher
Mid - stanton hocking
Ruck mid - Ryder
int mids - z.merrett, myers, jetta, howlett (sub)
The game is turning into under 12 style.

Better than fracking Gangnam Style..

[media]http://youtu.be/vBlY7VTDDbY[/media] 

Thats the problem though, he's never really been good one on one. He's only about 192cm isnt he? I agree that his disposal may not be good enough for the role but I reckon he just looked confident against port. Its good to see him taking on the opposition, hopefully with a bit of confidence he's disposal stays good
With confidence, hes a good match up for blokes about the size of Crameri, darling, tayler walker etc. Anyone bigger and he struggles big time

It had been a long time but my memory was that he was awesome one-on-one before his injuries. All I remember was his natural defensive skills far out-weighed any other skills he had and had a real Darrren Glass/Mal Michael look about him - in that he could blanket his opponent and was always super calm and reliable with ball in hand in a tight situation. There was also flashes of attacking rebound which was a product of Matthew Knights' game plan.
So it is a huge surprise to me to see him so lacking in that 1-on-1 area these days. Vaguely remember him basically winning us the game with spoil after spoil in the last quarter of our huge upset win against Geelong a few years back (Melksham had a huge game too).

Thats the problem though, he's never really been good one on one. He's only about 192cm isnt he? I agree that his disposal may not be good enough for the role but I reckon he just looked confident against port. Its good to see him taking on the opposition, hopefully with a bit of confidence he's disposal stays good
With confidence, hes a good match up for blokes about the size of Crameri, darling, tayler walker etc. Anyone bigger and he struggles big time

It had been a long time but my memory was that he was awesome one-on-one before his injuries. All I remember was his natural defensive skills far out-weighed any other skills he had and had a real Darrren Glass/Mal Michael look about him - in that he could blanket his opponent and was always super calm and reliable with ball in hand in a tight situation. There was also flashes of attacking rebound which was a product of Matthew Knights' game plan.
So it is a huge surprise to me to see him so lacking in that 1-on-1 area these days. Vaguely remember him basically winning us the game with spoil after spoil in the last quarter of our huge upset win against Geelong a few years back (Melksham had a huge game too).

He did look good, but whoever pointed out that he was better on the lead than in the air was right as well. I think he needs to learn to be our Fletcher, in a way. Sometimes he will cop a big 2nd/3rd forward, other times will need to do more rebounding.

Who do you think will match up on Petrie and Black?

I'd think Hooker would take Petrie. I really rate Petrie. And I really rate Hooker. So that should be a good battle. Hopefully the younger buck has improved that bit more than the older fella has dropped off a touch.

Hurls should be able to physically man handle Black.

Fletch or Bags would get Thomas.

Who else is there to worry about?

If we can minimise the impact of those two talls and absolutely bore in at the clearances with Myers, Heppell, Watson, Hocking, Goddard and Howlett and make it a contested game of footy we should win.

^ Tarrant

Who do you think will match up on Petrie and Black?

I'd think Hooker would take Petrie. I really rate Petrie. And I really rate Hooker. So that should be a good battle. Hopefully the younger buck has improved that bit more than the older fella has dropped off a touch.

Hurls should be able to physically man handle Black.

Fletch or Bags would get Thomas.

Who else is there to worry about?

If we can minimise the impact of those two talls and absolutely bore in at the clearances with Myers, Heppell, Watson, Hocking, Goddard and Howlett and make it a contested game of footy we should win.

Petrie's had about 2 good games against us ever.

Did play well against us last time, no doubt. Time before last he was doing a "tagging" job on a 37 year old, and Hooker gave him a sound spanking the early 2012 game, absolutely pathetic dive got him his only goal, if memory serves. 

Assuming all fit, I'd go Hooker > Petrie, Fletch > Black, and Hurley > Tarrant. Bags to Thomas, Kommer (assuming fit) to the very much improved Mullett. Howlett on Dal & work him both ways.

Also, given no more injuries, I'll have 50 with anyone that says Gleeson won't play rd 1

So, if Gleeson doesn't play round one, you will give me a fifty. You're on.

He'll play Round 1, just in the VFL, that's all. Unsure if trick question?

HAP. I don't watch a lot of North. Have they played all 3 talls in the forward line often? Normally Tarrant is injured. 

Chappy to kick 10 goals

Chappy to kick 10 goals

Hopefully he has more 16 possession 3 goal type games than the 24 possession 0 goal game he had against Port. There really is not need for him to push up the ground and into the midfield.

HAP. I don't watch a lot of North. Have they played all 3 talls in the forward line often? Normally Tarrant is injured.

When fit, unsure if that's the case.
They rarely play a 2nd ruck with Petrie/Hansen/Tarrant/Daw taking up a little of the slack.

Chappy to kick 10 goals

Hopefully he has more 16 possession 3 goal type games than the 24 possession 0 goal game he had against Port. There really is not need for him to push up the ground and into the midfield.

I agree. We need crumbing goal kickers more than anything. There are plenty of players able to run through the middle.

I would like to see Goddard play forward of centre more as well. I['d rather he got the ball 20 times and setup three or four goals than 30 times distributing the ball around the back half.

Hard to pick a team for round 1 with the fitness concers on Hibberd, Dempsey and Myers.

Anyway,

B: Baguley Hurley Fletch

HB: Hibberd Hooker Dempsey

C: Stanton Watson Goddard

HF: Zaharakis Carlisle Jetta

F: Hardingham Daniher Chapman

Foll: Ryder, Hocking, Heppell

Int: J.Merrett, Howlett, Colyer Sub: Myers

Emer: Pears, Ashby, Gleeson

Any of the 3 emergencies could replace Hibberd or Dempsey while Myers as sub to build up fitness.

It's been reported that North are super fit this year which is a worry with our build up. We would want to have a decent lead by 3 qtr time I reckon.

Okay we've had 2 practice matches and 1 to go.

Just who is going to be the round 1 side.

With Bellchambers, Melksham, Winderlich, Hibberd out our best 22 unavailable, here is my side:

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher
HB: Dempsey, Hurley, Ashby
C: Heppell, Watson, Stanton
HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Goddard
F: J. Merrett, Daniher, Kommer
R: Ryder, Hocking, Howlett
Int: Kavanagh, Z. Merrett, Gleeson
Sub: Hardingham
Emerg: Jetta, Pears, Colyer

Hibberd Myers and Chapman will be in. Ashby Kommer and Kav will not.

Myers will be sub, Similar to Zaka early last year.

Okay we've had 2 practice matches and 1 to go.

Just who is going to be the round 1 side.

With Bellchambers, Melksham, Winderlich, Hibberd out our best 22 unavailable, here is my side:

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher
HB: Dempsey, Hurley, Ashby
C: Heppell, Watson, Stanton
HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Goddard
F: J. Merrett, Daniher, Kommer
R: Ryder, Hocking, Howlett
Int: Kavanagh, Z. Merrett, Gleeson
Sub: Hardingham
Emerg: Jetta, Pears, Colyer

Hibberd Myers and Chapman will be in. Ashby Kommer and Kav will not.

Surely Chappy needs a couple of years in the VFL to develop!

Myers will be sub, Similar to Zaka early last year.

Was thinking the same thing actually.

So from all reports doubt kommer will be right for round 1