Round 10 Non Essendon Games (RIP Hot n Spicy Nuggs)

Norf with 6 straight behinds to start the game. Some excellent kicking there.

Timing is everything in football.

If we play one of Fremantle, Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Carlton again next week - we win. Collingwood 50/50. And season well and truly back on track.

Instead we have the reigning premiers at their fortress.

Fortress currently perhaps but we play enough footy at the G.

Whilst a shot Saints would be ideal next week I see the Tigers game as a massive opportunity.

Win against the premiership favourite and imagine what that would do for the confidence of the group for the rest of the year.

1 Like

Norf 1.8 14
Freo 3.4 22

Nice kicking Norf

Dees up by 80 at 3QT. Crows have been listless. Complete domination all over the ground, Melbourne look a serious contender.

Melbourne have had two bad quarters for the whole year (and admittedly they were absolute shockers) …

Their final quarters against Hawthorn & Richmond.

They’ve been seriously competitive to excellent in all others.

1 Like

That’s the 2nd favourite nickname I’ve coined after Essendon VFL listed “travelling” Will Berry.

Just watching dees game, seems we are last club to win a quarter against them. But we put them on their roll.

91 drubbing, that’s a big win for the Dees. Last week that smashed the Bloos and everyone still said they hadn’t won against anyone overly noteworthy. Bet the media go quiet about that this week and just say they are on the Dees bandwagon.

Crows were not at full strength admittedly, but you would expect a far more competitive showing from them. We’ve had our struggles this season but we haven’t been beat down to that extent. Melbourne are playing great footy, so many of their mids are able to sneak forward and kick goals. I don’t see too many weaknesses in their list.

There honestly seemed to be more hype about them when they were about 10th-12th under supercoach Roos than now.
It’s odd, to say the least.

Melbourne play the perfect brand of footy hard at the contest and then run and spread and score much more enjoyable to watch then Richmond imo

1 Like

Says more about the Crows really. No where near the team they were last season

1 Like

No hot and spicy nugs at our local

Nup. Shadow of it.

Mind you, their list of outs from that 2017 GF side would push for a finals spot!

Remember when people used to firebomb takeaways? Why doesn’t that happen more often?

Melbourne could win the flag. I don’t think they will, but there’s no reason why they can’t do a dogs or Richmond like year. Their a seriously good side

Yep, they have a very balanced side. Good backline, good midfield and performing forwardline. Their pickups for the past few years have been spot on.

find you someone that loves you, as much as brad scott loves a rebuild.

Wow, … great kick that. Go Freo!!