Round 10 Team Vs Norf - Sunday May 23, 4.40pm @ Marvel

Someone from blitz needs to dress up as a journo and rock up to the next presser and ask TRUCKA if Saad left because we put a ban on Shisha smoking in the windy Hill dunnies.

3 Likes

What questions do you want asked?

Disagree on Hooker as a Sub.

Firstly, he can fit in at either end if a key tall goes down.

Secondly, if he was to come in, say Q4, then opponents already worn down and Hookers marking could be a powerful weapon.

Truck, whatā€™s your favorite donut?

Considering that ambrose is named in the 2s im going with him not coming in.

Nice try truck

Where do you see the VFL lists?

Its an interesting one with Sunday games as team names for Thurs is before our main training session, and the team is actually normally picked after that.

So really the Thurs extended squads are a bit of a guess.

Still a chance Ambrose plays IMO if they decide to rest Hooker.

I just see them in the VFL thread lol

3 Likes

I might be wrong but I am fairly sure no team has named a medical sub over 195 cmā€¦ most are 178-192cm, either small runners or at the taller end flexible utilities.

Ham and Zaharakis not listed on the VFL team sheet, Ambrose, Cahill and Bryan are. So, expecting one of Ham/Zaharakis to play and the other to be the medical sub.

4 Likes

Big COX last weekend.

4 Likes

Surely we put game time into Ham and sub in Zakka.

Guelfi could also be the Sub

I hope not. Heā€™s played well enough to be in the starting lineup.

3 Likes

My Guess is we rest Perkins and make him the SUB.
especially given Waterman playing and he is more like/like with Perkins

1 Like

Are you saying that Perkins is regular sized bugs?

I guess they will rest Perkins soon so yes, maybe this week.

Thatā€™s close to what Iā€™d do too, but maybe Harry as the sub, for team balance.

1 Like

Ha yeah. Ok but he runs better than most 180s
Letā€™s put it this way - he wasnā€™t really there as primary a key pos.

Given Zaka has played one full game in about a month my guess is theyā€™ll play Zaka (3 goals last time out against Roos) and sub Ham. This makes sense conditioning wise regardless who anyone would prefer to play on merit/development/whatever.

Now Iā€™m sure that they have programs for sub players when they donā€™t play (interval sprints, bump/tackle bag drills, etc), but nothing is like playing. Zaka is probably a bit more versatile as he has played forward, back wing and in the square, and so might be seen as preferable as sub, but Iā€™d guess he might get 2-3 in a row before rotating back through the sub role.

Just a guess and maybe they play him sub, I guess weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

Expecting Hind, Guelfi, Zaka and Ham in the 22, and Perkins sub.