Round 12 Essendon v Nth Ballarat @ Eureka Stadium, 1pm Sunday 9 July 2017

Only starting this thread early as 1) the EFC calendar has it scheduled for Friday, 2) the VFL website has it happening yesterday and yet still on a Sunday, and 3) right now I feel like outsourcing the coverage to someone local.

1 Like

At least one of our best players wont be wasted this week.

2 Likes

B: 49 . M. Dea, 50. J. Ferry, 59. A. Heppell
HB: 27. M. Redman, 14. J. Ridley, 57. N. Hind
C: 19. K. Mutch, 24. C. Bird, 5. B. Stanton
HF: 37. D. Clarke, 51. A. Boyse, 34. J. Long
F: 33. J. Laverde, 44. S. McKernan, 10. A. Francis

R: 22. M. Leuenberger, 40. B. Howlett, 39. H. Hocking

Int: 61. W. Berry, 38. S. Draper, 20. J. Merrett, 66. K. Strachan, 54. N. O’Brien, 25. A. Morgan, 69. A. Marklew, 75. L. Morey, 55. D. Younan

(not sure if The Traveller is the 23rd man here – we haven’t seen L. Morey before, and he’s apparently on our list)

2 Likes

Because Nth Ballarat had a bye, the VFL site lists all of their players as INs :dizzy_face:.

Hmmm. The OUTs are Myers (AFL team), Brown (injured), and Begley (cast into the pits of hell).

Logan Morey is a 21yo key defender from Yarrawonga, and last year was their youngest ever winner of the club’s senior Best & Fairest medal. Has previously trained with Geelong and Footscray.

This year he has been working at EFC as a Data Analyst and Recruiting intern.

He should do the Match Day Thread graphing.

[Logan: run. Run away and never come back. Blitz will devour your soul.]

4 Likes

I haven’t seen him play, but i’d like to get some morey information about him.

Begley and langford afl emergencies, so not injured but not named in VFL we just had a bye so they dont need a rest, so are they playing afl?

Sounds like they’ll play if needed, or if a dodgeys being pulled, o/wise, they’ll play VFL the day after.

This match is apparently the VFL live stream for the week. It should be accessible via the video streaming tab (under media coverage) on the VFL website on Sunday.

EDIT: Added link

14 Likes

Is there a hint in Dan Jordans preview that they are being held over for the afl st kilda friday game?

1 Like

Curious no langford or big boi

Logan’s run?

2 Likes

Playing for us, probably: Ferry, HepA, Hind, Boyse, The Traveller (23rd man), NO’B

Not playing for us, probably: Strachan, Marklew, Morey, Younan

Four not playing means we’re back to a bench of five, and suggests neither Langford nor Begley will be slipped in at the last moment.

1 Like

Going along on Sunday and expecting a big game from Ballarat boy Nick Hind, one to watch.

Thinking of going. Probably a 15 min walk from home.
See how I feel when I wake up Sunday. V8 Supercars on telly and a bit of work to do in the shed.

High of 10 degrees and a bit of wind. Why wouldn’t you want to go?

2 Likes

Hell, I’ve still got the cough from watching at Windy Hill last week.

Come on. 15 minute walk - get there!