Round 13 Essendon Bye Week Games

Flag completely up for grabs.

Don’t rate GWS away from Umpire Stadium

The Bulldogs may end up being like Shane Woewodin, c…p before the brownlow year, c…p after & the more time passes the more it’s a mystery how they were ever good in that one year

Not if you’re in my household it ain’t.

Imagine the odds on neither Bulldogs or Sydney making finals. Would have been insane.

I remember one punter put a $1000 on Hawks not making finals in 09 and made a fortune.

Bevo

He’s always had the ability for the odd 50+m laser pass which makes you go “whoa” but he can also barely hit a target at times. There’s too much variance between his kicking.

Wrapt for Melk and Hibbo - both seem to be playing really well. That’s all I care about, that the 34, no matter which club they’re playing for, are playing well, enjoying their footy and are happy.

Speaking of Melbourne, it looks like their 24234234234 Top 10 draft picks are finally starting to pay off.

4 Likes

If Melksham could consistently hit the kicks he attempts he would be the most damaging player in the AFL. Soooo wildly inconsistent.

1 Like

Is Petracca a law of averages thing?

Probably but for every Petracca there is a Toumpas.

Petracca is a result of St Kilda overthinking the draft, why go for the obvious. Lets pick a big man with upside.

Toumpas Toumpas
Petracacca!
Toumpas Toumpas
Petracacca!

Yes, I’m 5.

With Riewloldt approaching end and seeing what was required to get Boyd off GWS they pretty much thought they had to go the best kpf.

Seemed a correct list management strategy at time and who knows how they will be judged at end of career. Petracca was always going to come along quicker as had the body to play midfield from day one, and even more so after a year layoff ACL.

Absolutely but I would have thought there were enough question marks over McCartin to make it a risk. I think he will be a good player but sure the Saints would love their time again

Petracca still lacks consistency in their game - You have to think there are concerns about his fitness, seeing he spends little time in the midfield.

Or maybe the fact that he did his ACL in his first year and is coming back from a long way?

No such concerns about P McCartin obvs.