Round 13: Essendon vs Melbourne changes and discussion

Hurley in ASAP. 

1 further week away.

No snow on the mountain yet, might be half a crowd

With Watson out you have to have Melksham in. Melksham loves playing inside mid rather than outside.

He's had a few weeks rest and should be fresh as a daisy to crack in this week. I'd expect a big game from him.

If Winders is fit, I'd bring him in and drop Del.

Kav or O'Brien probably deserve a go for Watsons spot.

I'd bring Hurls in for Fletch.

Melbourne will make it a hard one on one game like tonight but they are better than GWS.
I'm glad they are playing their gf on Monday. Hopefully they are a bit flat for us.
Should win and if we are good enough we'll get the job done again but won't be easy.
In: Hurley, Colyer
Out: Watson, Fletch?

That's what we thought this week against GWS

My most dreaded game every season.

Nob or Kav will come in for Jobe imo, probably as the sub and myers moves onto the ground rotating through the middle.

I don’t know if fletch had an actual injury or not, but if so its surely just a straight swap for Hurls.

Dell under threat from winder.

A pity the vfl bye system catches us again.

FKN NERVOUS

Be nice if belly rocked up to play. Fkg laconic yest

Hocking ankle injury as well

Melbourne will make it a ■■■■ game, we’ll win by 20 after being neck and neck most of the game, Blit implodes.

We play our best footy on the MCG

Dees will either be looking to make amends after losing their winter final today. Or completely up and about.

Watson out. Myers maybe.

Fletcher and Hocking ankles.

Hurley not a definite in.

Danger game.

Joe to kick a bag.

Joe to kick 4.

B: Baguley Hooker Fletcher
HB: Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
C: Zaharakis Goddard Stanton
HF: Z.Merrert Hurley Howlett
FF: Chapman Daniher Winderlich
RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking
I: Ambrose Myers Z.Merrett SUB: Dell'Olio

Are you sure zach is fit enough?
:lol: I've edited it now. Should be Melksham on the bench.

Dees will either be looking to make amends after losing their winter final today. Or completely up and about.
Watson out. Myers maybe.
Fletcher and Hocking ankles.
Hurley not a definite in.
Danger game.

We are probably the most gettable scalp in the league at the moment. 

'Roosy' is absolutely aware of this and will be drumming it into them, particularly given they have troubled us over the last couple of years. 

It's seems we don't give a flying fark who we are playing, we will simply turn up and let them dictate how the game is played as we always do.

If they get a sniff and even a little bit of momentum I reckon they will go that extra step that GWS were unable to when they drew within a point. 

As usual this has all the ingredients for a typical Essington performance. 

I reckon this game will be decided by Zaka, Stanton,Myers, Melksham, Howlett and Hocking.  

Been watching Ambrose.  After Hawthorn his game was off,  but here are signs the last 2 weeks that his decision making is improving and he even took a contested mark last night.   Maybe it takes a while to feel at ease,  not be panicked and make good decisions and execute well.   There are signs he is doing this.   He is a much more robust unit than Zerret but not as skilled.   Hes slowly getting there and definitely plays for the team.  However,  he's still on the edge  maybe an out this week ? I think the coaches like his hardness.  Wadayareckon? 

Been watching Ambrose. After Hawthorn his game was off, but here are signs the last 2 weeks that his decision making is improving and he even took a contested mark last night. Maybe it takes a while to feel at ease, not be panicked and make good decisions and execute well. There are signs he is doing this. He is a much more robust unit than Zerret but not as skilled. Hes slowly getting there and definitely plays for the team. However, he's still on the edge maybe an out this week ? I think the coaches like his hardness. Wadayareckon?

Is he meant to be a 3rd tall up fwd? Cause sorry I don't see that in him.
Has not kicked a goal in the past 4 games.

Been watching Ambrose. After Hawthorn his game was off, but here are signs the last 2 weeks that his decision making is improving and he even took a contested mark last night. Maybe it takes a while to feel at ease, not be panicked and make good decisions and execute well. There are signs he is doing this. He is a much more robust unit than Zerret but not as skilled. Hes slowly getting there and definitely plays for the team. However, he's still on the edge maybe an out this week ? I think the coaches like his hardness. Wadayareckon?

Is he meant to be a 3rd tall up fwd? Cause sorry I don't see that in him.
Has not kicked a goal in the past 4 games.

He is the perfect third tall size and attributes and as such we should persist as much as possible. Hard running HFFs who can take contested mark are worth their wait in gold, we miss Gus and before him there was Mercs, imagine having a player like him in the side now!

Ambrose.
   maybe an out this week ?

Regardless of availability of other talls (Hurley/Fletch), there is no way he plays VFL this week.
Nice, strong contribution last night.