Round 15 Essendon vs. Box Hill Hawks Windy Hill Saturday July 16 11:00AM

Edwards involved plenty. Not often in a good way.

On a side note can anyone explain the game of croquet to me?
You take turns hitting your ball through a set series of hoops (in a set direction). Knocking out your opponent is allowed and recommended; if you can end a shot touching your opponent you get to put your foot on your ball and get a free whack on it to push them into a worse position.

With contact allowed and less over-umpiring, it’s more like Eighties footy than the current stuff. If Essington played it we’d repeatedly overshoot and have to take at least two extra shots to get back to the right side of the hoop and then through.

And now, back to you.

Did you learn all that from Heathers?

Crowley big long… Point. 58-70

3 QTR time

Three quarter time. Lunch time. I’m out again.

Francis getting a LOT of airplay on VFL radio. Great for him, not so good for the VFL side next week.

VFL Radio comments

Simpkin and Crowley just eeking into the game, coming back from injury

Grimley been down back, and want him forward

Moved Francis forward late in the 3rd, and be interested if he stays there.

Ben Dobson doing well up forward.

Carboni also doing well with good intensity when he has been involved.

Edwards looked like he was ready to take the game apart, and if it comes off great, but hasn’t quite just yet.

Game is there for the taking if they are good enough.

Hawks doing all the attacking early, they’ve got a behind out of it so far

On a side note can anyone explain the game of croquet to me?
You take turns hitting your ball through a set series of hoops (in a set direction). Knocking out your opponent is allowed and recommended; if you can end a shot touching your opponent you get to put your foot on your ball and get a free whack on it to push them into a worse position.

With contact allowed and less over-umpiring, it’s more like Eighties footy than the current stuff. If Essington played it we’d repeatedly overshoot and have to take at least two extra shots to get back to the right side of the hoop and then through.

And now, back to you.

Did you learn all that from Heathers?

#LearntEverythingFromDoctorWho

Except this, last played it in the late eighties in the USA.

Had Longy, Francis, Jerrett involved and Dobson has a shot from deep in the forward pocket.

Goal!!!

8 points in it.

Us 64
Them 72

You Beauty!

Simpkin goals… 2 points in it.

It’s sounding like a game where we’re - generally speaking - being outplayed, yet we’re still a chance to win.

Is that a fair summation?

Sounds to me like we’ve got enough grunt, and plenty of excitement, but just not the composure and skills. Which is where the Hawks are getting us.

Lucky free for us saves us from being a couple of goals down.

Heavyside… OOBOTF

Maybe I should have stayed… Now I’m stuck on a tram going to the G the traffic is so bad!

Dammit… another goal to the Hawks

14 points behind

Holding the ball free kick… Shaunye takes the kick from just outside 50, just inside the boundary line… photo finish… oh touched on the line.

good effort.

13 points behind.

16 minutes gone…