Round 16: Essendon vs Port Adelaide: Changes, Discussion, Match-ups etc

Expecting a high amount of mullets in the crowd.

It sure will be mullets galore in morons-ville. You think the umpiring been bad to date, wait till we play this mob on their own dung heap, the umps will be sheet scared to give us even one free. If we win this it would be an absolute miracle of the highest order, we'll be playing against 20 players on the field, 18 from Port + 2 maggots. I dunno if I'll have the courage to watch. I'll gladly eat my words though if the miracle happens.

Is it only two maggots because Goddard will snap and kill the third, and the emergency will be too scared to come on?

Bellchambers can stay out as far as I'm concerned. Didn't play VFL so wonder what's up with him. 

In: winderlich, baguley, fantasia
Out: chapman, hardingham, melksham

Agree with the outs, although Chappy and Melksham will be safe.
Agree with the ins, I would like to see Del get a couple of games in a row before fantasia

Port by 100 points

this.

This is a very Essendon game to win. Have a history of playing crap for a few weeks and knocking off a giant (eg Cats 2011 after 5 losses in a row) 

That being said, Port are a great side and they will probably win convincingly. 

Our record against Port stinks

Am hoping for a miracle next week

On revealed form, Geelong made the correct call on chappie, unfortunately.

We've won our last 4 against Port Adelaide.
Two extra days break for us heading into this game & some chance (whatever the result this week) that they will be suffering from a little 'Post-Showdown Letdown'.
They should still win when considering the form of both sides this year... but will be a very interesting contest.

In-Edwards
Out- whoever

Fair suck of the sav!
He's like a Ford Capri. Looks the goods, but needs some serious work under the bonnet.

Fark it, I don't have a bandwagon, never have but I'm on this guys, agree its an early call and he has done sfa so far but yesterday he showed something I wasn't sure he had, heart.
If he can put it all together we may have a player that can come into the side and make a difference (not many of those atm) get around the Ford Capri, GT model ofcourse.

yesterday he showed something I wasn't sure he had, heart.

The Tin Man!

Two extra days break for us heading into this game & some chance (whatever the result this week) that they will be suffering from a little 'Post-Showdown Letdown'.
They should still win when considering the form of both sides this year... but will be a very interesting contest.
Those 4 wins were when they were a basket case and getting beaten by everyone.
Reckon I could count on 1 hand the ammount of times we have won here in Adelaide against them.
As I said hoping for a miracle, they are a far better team than us

Reckon I could count on 1 hand the ammount of times we have won here in Adelaide against them.

Agreed. They edge us out on form all over the field. We'll need to find something very special to get over the line.

And I don't think that's Orazio ;)

Agreed. They edge us out on form all over the field. We'll need to find something very special to get over the line.
And I don't think that's Orazio ;)
Yeah id love him to make his debut at home but his form probably doesnt warrant it. Would love to see him get atleast 1 game this year, definately one who performs better the higher he plays. Reckon he could be that small crumbing forward we are after

Good week to play Port - the local derby will drain them and we have 2 extra days break.

We had an extra day break against Melbourne, a perpetual bottom 4 side. You reckon an extra day is going to help with the top of the ladder side, in ■■■■■■■ flying form ?

RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Hope bags is back.

Matching up there small feeds is a bit of a worry.

Demos - white

Hibb - Gus

Fletch - gray

Bags - winguard

Hurls - Schultz

Hooker - Hoff

I’d actually consider Hurley on gray Fletch on Hoff and Hooker on Schultz

Seriously

Ins: TBC, Winderlich, Baguley

Outs: Kav, Watson, Jetta

We need 25 to beat this mob.

Bag-Monfires

Hooker-Shultz

Hurley-Westhoff

Fletcher-Loose man

Colyer-White

Hibberd-Wingard

Hocking-Gray ( will play in the middle )

This is more like it.

Was it about this time in 2012 that we started to fade?
Not that I'm suggesting there are any supplemen similarities between Port 2014 and Essendon of 2012.

Port by 100 points

Gonna have to hide the tv remote for this one I think.

Trengrove getting helped off…

it has begun.