Round 17: Essendon vs Filth: Changes, Discussion, Match-ups etc

I think Hardi has played his last game for the season.

Out: Chappy (susp, don't like it but odds are he will go), Ambrose (week off)
In: Hibberd, Fletcher
Z Merrett Carlisle Hardingham
Zaharakis Daniher Colyer
Hibberd Heppell Goddard
Winderlich Hooker Dempsey
Baguley Hurley Fletcher
Ryder Hocking Stanton
Myers, J Merrett, Melksham - Howlett
Em: Kav, Nob, Pears

replacing two forwards with two defenders?

Of senior interest for next week, from vfl.com.au:

Collingwood were left with no bench late in the final term, with injuries to Ben Reid (corked calf), Marty Clarke (hand), Mat Suckling (Hamstring) and Nick Maxwell rested early in the final term.

some thought that earlier in the season when he lost form, was dropped then injured. Never say never at this club.

purely on % of recent years history i'd say we won't win

10% chance against Geelong out of our last 10 games

we'd won the last 4 which i didn't know against port

25% chance against Collingwood 17

but they proved on the weekend anything possible with a bit of belief and backing yourself in, so who knows.

Maybe but when the heat was on, in that one crucial moment, Hardy delivered with that tackle on Gray with about 40 seconds to go. 

Stopped an almost certain inside 50. 

Hardy broke that tackle on the F50, which was thrilling, but then just lacked that kicking composure to actually make it worth something.

Crowd next week will be interesting…a Sunday afternoon game for tv viewers.

Might be lower than people think?

When was the last time we fired a shot against these c---ts in the 2nd meeting of a season?? At least 5 or 6 years since we haven't had our pants pulled down.

Last years game where it fked down, twilight game is still etched in my brain. Harry O taking fkn liberties over BJ, hope someone shows him a tape of the game pre game to make sure it doesn't happen again.

There supporters are real piece of work. inbreds.

Every Essendon supporter who can make it should fkn be there this Sunday, we should fill it up on our own on Sunday. Though given how sh-t our home attendance was against Adelaide I think they've all packed up for season 2014.

pretty sure the last time we beat them in the 2nd half of the year was in 2008. 

If i see Sidebottom cherry pick 3 goals from the goal square, and then carry on like he is the best player in the comp. I may just have to kill somebody.

Crowd next week will be interesting....a Sunday afternoon game for tv viewers.
Might be lower than people think?

■■■■■■ awful time slot for attending a game.  What the fark were the AFL thinking scheduling a game like this at that time?

This week the media will be attacking Collingwood and putting them under the pump.

It always happens prior to playing Essendon, especially now since they lost to undermanned Suns. 

It has already started today in the papers and twitter, about how they are no good, list problems, lost their chance for top 4 etc etc etc.

So, I'm gonna be damned p*ssed off, if I see Swan/Cloke/Pendlebury kick another bag against us, and that we aren't ready for them!

Collingwood losing last week, was the last thing we needed, in regards to both ladder positions and facing them after it!   

Just knock Pendlebury out, Don't need to worry about him then.

This week the media will be attacking Collingwood and putting them under the pump.

It always happens prior to playing Essendon, especially now since they lost to undermanned Suns. 

It has already started today in the papers and twitter, about how they are no good, list problems, lost their chance for top 4 etc etc etc.

So, I'm gonna be damned p*ssed off, if I see Swan/Cloke/Pendlebury kick another bag against us, and that we aren't ready for them!

Collingwood losing last week, was the last thing we needed, in regards to both ladder positions and facing them after it!   

If we're legit... It won't matter

Most important game for us in quite a few years.

Lose and we can't make it.

In: Fletcher

Out: Hardingham

Don't think Hibberd will get up.

FB: Fletcher Hooker Baguley

HB: Dempsey Hurley Winderlich

C: Goddard Myers Colyer

HF: Zaharakis Carlisle Z.Merrett

FF: Chapman Daniher Ambrose

R: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I:  Stanton Howlett Melksham J Merrett (sub) 

When was the last time we fired a shot against these c---ts in the 2nd meeting of a season?? At least 5 or 6 years since we haven't had our pants pulled down.

Last years game where it fked down, twilight game is still etched in my brain. Harry O taking fkn liberties over BJ, hope someone shows him a tape of the game pre game to make sure it doesn't happen again.

There supporters are real piece of work. inbreds.

Every Essendon supporter who can make it should fkn be there this Sunday, we should fill it up on our own on Sunday. Though given how sh-t our home attendance was against Adelaide I think they've all packed up for season 2014.

06 when we had absolutely no right to compete with them, but won & knocked them out of top 4?

Was it 2008 as well when Gus kicked 4 or 5 goals?

Hibberd will get up.

Swan has been the man that's killed us of recent times, I'd send Hocking to him.

Pendlebury pretty much going to get 30 touches every game, just have to limit the quality of them, Melksham goes to him I think.

Hope Chapman doesn't get rubbed out, I feel Toovey is really their only good lock down defender on smalls, with Chap and Winders forward I think gives us a big advantage.

Be handy if Elliot misses again for them.

Hibberd will get up.

Swan has been the man that's killed us of recent times, I'd send Hocking to him.

Pendlebury pretty much going to get 30 touches every game, just have to limit the quality of them, Melksham goes to him I think.

Hope Chapman doesn't get rubbed out, I feel Toovey is really their only good lock down defender on smalls, with Chap and Winders forward I think gives us a big advantage.

Be handy if Elliot misses again for them.

Don't mind the Melk to Pendlebury match-up, he seems to play a disciplined game when he is given responsibility and a task on a given day. If he can just niggle the fark out of him all arvo, let's see if he snaps. I remember Welsh doing a number on him a few times (kicked 4 on him as the tagger one time when we smashed then IIRC?), mind you it was against a young Pendles, not the mature superstar he is now.

wont happen this week but one day Hepps will run head to head with Pendles... and nail the **** to the wall.

We are due to smash these guys

making sure sidebottom doesn't run free fwd of the play should also be a focus.

they completely outworked us after quarter time on anzac day, can't let that happen again.

GC consistently denied them a spare down back which forced them to kick rather than run with overlap and exposed their foot skills under pressure. we should be looking to do the same.

if we bring the same intensity and work rate that we did against port we should fair pretty well.

in: fletch pig

out: hardy jerrett

No way it will get 85,000.

Be lucky to break 70,000.

This game last year was the beginning of the rot setting in for us, where we got absolutely smashed all day from the first quarter.

A win for us is huge. A loss for them is huge.

Can't wait!