Round 17: Essendon vs Filth: Changes, Discussion, Match-ups etc

Massive massive game, 85,000 will be there.

Yep, it's that type of game: A MINI FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In: Hibbo, Fletch

Out: Hardingham, whoever

Key will be the mids again, need to lock down one of Beams, Pendles, Fat so or Sidebottom. Need huge games again from Myers and Goddard and co.

In: Hibberd, Fletch, Fanta

Out: Hardy, Jackson, Chapman(susp)

I have no doubt Chappy will get 1-2 weeks and im sorry but Jackson offers very little

Have to clamp down on Swan! He’s the key.

I have no doubt Chappy will get 1-2 weeks and im sorry but Jackson offers very little

Chappy didn't touch him. Like literally didn't touch him, Gray flung his head back expecting contact but there was none.

Jackson did ok in that second half, laid some great tackles and got some crucial touches, think he will stay in another week

Probably right aceman.

Hibberd and fletcher in

Hardy and chapman(susp) out

If chappy gets Off jerrett out.

Will bomber put his gonads on the line and give orazio a game. Doubtful.

Emergencies.

Bellchambers, orazio, kavanagh.

Chappy didn't touch him. Like literally didn't touch him, Gray flung his head back expecting contact but there was none.
Jackson did ok in that second half, laid some great tackles and got some crucial touches, think he will stay in another week
I agree about Chappy but he has a poor record and he is an Essendon player so that equals a week, I just have a horrible feeling. Hope im wrong

I agree about Chappy but he has a poor record and he is an Essendon player so that equals a week, I just have a horrible feeling. Hope im wrong

Unless the book him for intention to strike (don't think that is a thing anymore) then his poor record won't come into it.

Probably right aceman.
Hibberd and fletcher in
Emergencies.

Thats why im not a huge fan of travelling emergencies even though I understand its importance. Fletch would of appreciated the week off but young players like Fanta need game time and for him not to play anything this week isnt great for development IMO

Unless the book him for intention to strike (don't think that is a thing anymore) then his poor record won't come into it.
Didnt see it at the game but was mentioned this morning that the ump booked him on the spot, was this so?

Didnt see it at the game but was mentioned this morning that the ump booked him on the spot, was this so?

Yep, would expect it to get thrown out though

I’d like to see melksham tag Pendles, hocking tag sidebottom.

Means one of Zaka heppell or Stanton will get tagged.

Probably Clarke on Stanton

Macaffer on heppell.

Zaka, Myers howlett to create for us.

Beams and swan for them

I think Chappy will be fine. Powderpuffs really and he did not instigate it.

We need scoring options and conversions or we will lose. 8 goals wont do it. 

Winderlich needs to go back forward and will.  I would be tempted to move Carlisle back to defense and risk TB in the ruck if he is up to it to free paddy forward and midfield. Still need more fluency at goal though. I know Bomber was defense in a damp shut down affair but this game will be different. Ambrose forward?

Hibberd is a must inclusion. We saw last night how badly we missed Dempsey's play making, that goes the same and a bit for the pig.

Don't like making too many changes to a winning side

Now's the time to show we mean business. Just need to scrape into the 8 and we can do some real damage.

In: Hibberd

Out: Hardingham

B: Baguley Hurley Hibberd

HB: Dempsey Hooker Winderlich

C: Stanton Myers Goddard

HF: Colyer Carlisle Ambrose

FF: Chapman Daniher Zerrett

RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking

I: Howlett Melksham Zaharakis SUB: Jerrett

Hocking to Swan

Melksham to Pendlebury

Hooker to Cloke

Melksham had a decent game in the back pocket. Not sure he has the ability to shut down pendles. Not sure anyone does tbh.

Probably right aceman.
Hibberd and fletcher in
Emergencies.

Thats why im not a huge fan of travelling emergencies even though I understand its importance. Fletch would of appreciated the week off but young players like Fanta need game time and for him not to play anything this week isnt great for development IMO

May not be ready for AFL anyway but I bet it was good for him to be involved in the preparations of an AFL game and then get the chance to go back to his home town and maybe even watch the game with his family. 

I'm sure the experience overall was good for him.

I look forward to seeing him debut next year.

Have to clamp down on Swan! He's the key.

Not anymore. Pendles is the not only the key, he is the lock as well. 

McCaffer to pick up Heppell. 

Hibberd should be an automatic inclusion if ready to go. It will be really interesting to see how they manage Fletcher. To me it comes down to Fletcher vs Jerrett. I suspect that Ambrose may not be safe but I would like him to stay in the team. Chapman should be OK but playing for EFC will count against him.

Get it in quick to our forward line and make their defense play man on man.

NO  to Harry O streaming through the middle doing whatever he wants.