7:45

GC 82
■■■■■ 91

5:20

That’s about it, you’d think.

Reid kicks the sealer

Meter
Peter

Who’s 33 for GC? A few times there in the last 5 mins he was utter weak and lazy

Aaron Hall

Jezza Cameron a late out.

Joey maintains a 4 goals break over him in the Coleman race.

I know my eyes are old and all that, but the TV long shots of this GWS v Sydney game make it seem like there’s 36 blokes wearing the same jumper.

1 Like

The decision to create a cross town rival and put them in orange when sydney already wear red was a terrible idea. As was most of the creation of gws, I suppose.

1 Like

As manufactured as the Giants are, the rivalry with Sydney is real. Only behind the Showdown as the best local derby now.

I know Brisbane will never play GC wearing the Fitzroy jumper but they have a similar issue…

The fact they weren’t set up with contrasting uniforms to their rivals is crazy. Brisbane’s colours are maroon, blue and gold, the suns are red, yellow and blue. Why would you approve that? I appreciate there’s nothing to be done about existing teams, but for mine the new ones should have been set up so both teams can wear their home jumpers.

I’d bet the decisions were made by design companies who didn’t give any thought to the teams they’d be playing against.

FRANKLIN!

Yep. The Essendon / st kilda clash is understandable because the two teams have been around for ages. But these new teams are inexcusable*

*the red/yellow scheme is actually really fitting for the beach theme of the Gold Coast
**the orange/grey scheme I like because it’s a new colour in the palette overall

1 Like

Great call to have such a ■■■■ match on FTA rather than the Sydney derby.

I don’t think you give the AFL enough credit, they can be terrible at administering a competition without any help at all.

1 Like

Would be nice to see Melbourne’s percentage completely destroyed.

2 Likes

FRANKLIN!

Settle down, Phil.