Round 17

Jack 50 was complete rubbish, mcglyn one was there. We would get neither

That said, until we have guys who stand up and kick clutch goals like Burgoyne and rioli did we are ■■■■■■■ into a strong wind.

Tippa! After the 50m penalty with resulting jumper pride?!

Zaka don’t mind a clutch goal either. Should be released next year

Can't wait for when they play the Eagles in Perth in a few weeks.

Won’t somebody think of the umpires?

It will be the umpiring equivalent of a rift in the space -time continuum

Diggers is banned?!

Does anyone else but me see the irony of Sydney fans screaming that the game is corrupt after losing the free kick count at home last night?

Diggers is banned?!

what did he do this time?

As much as I hate the thought I don’t mind the idea of Hawthorn winning the flag again this season. Two reasons, one we aren’t winning it so why should another lot of supporters get to celebrate and two it might actually show to the AFL that their supposedly equalised competition is anything but equal. I am sure they won’t do anything about it though.

As much as I hate the thought I don't mind the idea of Hawthorn winning the flag again this season. Two reasons, one we aren't winning it so why should another lot of supporters get to celebrate and two it might actually show to the AFL that their supposedly equalised competition is anything but equal. I am sure they won't do anything about it though.

Further to this, wouldn’t it be great to be the team that ends their run?

Essendon premiers 2017

As much as I hate the thought I don't mind the idea of Hawthorn winning the flag again this season. Two reasons, one we aren't winning it so why should another lot of supporters get to celebrate and two it might actually show to the AFL that their supposedly equalised competition is anything but equal. I am sure they won't do anything about it though.

Further to this, wouldn’t it be great to be the team that ends their run?

Essendon premiers 2017

“My greatest challenge is not what’s happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool Hawthorn right off their f-----g perch. And you can print that.” - Sir Alex Ferguson John Worsfold

Zaka don't mind a clutch goal either. Should be released next year

Hadn’t been essingtoned yet in 09

Serious question. How long has the “dangerous tackle” free kick been a thing? Was it brought in this year?

They’ve been paying frees for sling tackles for a couple of years, but they brought in a stricter interpretation this year.

Diggers is banned?!

what did he do this time?

Haha, read page two of this thread and it might give away some clues.

Btw isn’t the 50s at the SCG actually under 50 to avoid the arcs overlapping the centre square, or did they change that? It might explain how Cyril found an extra yard on his kick

Btw isn't the 50s at the SCG actually under 50 to avoid the arcs overlapping the centre square, or did they change that? It might explain how Cyril found an extra yard on his kick
Nah, I measured it from a aerial photo not long ago and they've now squeezed the 50m out of it.

An “open” letter re the Hawthorn/Umpires/Sydney game:

Congratulations on the win last night Hawthorn! The Hawks won fair & square. They were way too good for Sydney on the night.

Can’t blame the umpires whatsoever, even though they’d only paid Sydney 3 free kicks up to 3/4 quarter time as the Hawks hardly ever infringe as they’re such a professional team. I won’t put up with the rubbish conspiracy that the umpires to tried to even up the ledger in the final quarter so as to not make the free kicks discrepancy look too lopsided.

Those 2 x 50 metre penalties which resulted in goals to Hawthorn at crucial moments of the game were definitely there, even if the AFL now reckon one of them was an error. I’ll have none of that!

As Longmire said after the game, the big discrepancy in the free kicks shows up our undisciplined playing style. Sydney need to learn from the masters in Hawthorn. Hope Clarko is allowed to take one of Sydney’s training sessions.

There was no way when Brad Hill ran 50m with bouncing the ball only once, which setup Burgoyne’s goal late in the final quarter, that he should be penalised for running too far. Not his fault that he can cover the ground so quick before umpire can even think of blowing the whistle.

When Rioli kicked that winning goal from 50m out wind assisted, after taking a jumping chest Mark, Luke Darcy was spot when he screamed Rioli does things no other player in the competition can do!!!

Most people would love to see Hawthorn go 4 in a row & create history. This includes the AFL commission. They’re such an endearing team.

After watching last night’s game, I truly believe Hawthorn are the family club as they also see the umpires as one of their own.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/27952052/follow-hawks-lead-afl-clubs-urged/#page1

This can’t be allowed?

Disgrace.

That’s a genuine outrage.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/27952052/follow-hawks-lead-afl-clubs-urged/#page1

This can’t be allowed?

Who paid the bills?

Ha Ha, sucking up to umpires wins you games :smiley: