Round 18 vs Footscray @ Windy Hill, 12 Noon Saturday 19 August 2017

Oh what a blooody relief…

3 Likes

Fast on the outside and wins clearances. The phantom. Does not cast a shadow.

1 Like

Yep, speed kills and that burst by Hind to kick the contested winning goal was special.

11 Likes

Langford watch wrap up while I defrost in the social club:
He played with a lot of freedom today. Obviously he and Mutch were very solid in the clearances, but his ability to float back and collect the ball at half back stood out for mine.
For the doubters, yes he still managed a couple of awful stuff-ups but it was honestly only a couple in an otherwise outstanding game.

8 Likes

Think Richmond will pinch 4th and we will end up 5th :sleepy:

Langford was sensational in the first three quarters. Not just accumulating but each disposal was just better than you’d hope for. And those blind turns…

10 Likes

Well done by Draper to ruck against bigger and fresher guys pretty much all day.

This is real, people. We’re right in this.

8 Likes

Holy ■■■■ it’s warm in the car.

Thanks to all providing coverage.

7 Likes

Thanks all, just like being there!

2 Likes

Any news on Hocking? Be very sad if he missed finals now.

1 Like

Kobe Mutch, just quietly continuing to go about his business as one of our better performers week to week. Begley debuting this week, Ridley coming along beautifully and then there’s Andy. Class of 2016 is looking the goods.

8 Likes

13.10 88 def. 12.11 83

Disp: O’Brien 40, Stanton 31, Langford 30, Mutch 27
Gls: Langford 2, Long 2, Hocking 2, Ridley, Boyse, O’Brien, Younan, Peters, Hind, Ottavi

3 Likes

O’brien should never have been delisted he started to rack them up at afl level then got the chop. Sounds like a quality win especially a tight win against any bulldogs team is always good.

Just got home. Beautiful day at windy hill today. Langford will take Jobe’s spot in the side next season. Thought Hind was good. Boyse can take a grab. Mutch and Redman good. Draper is great for a first yearer. Dea and Brown solid in defence. I think this VFL team can have a real crack in the finals. Does anyone know how eligibility works if we are knocked out in AFL who can play VFL?

3 Likes

O’brien often looks slow at VFL level. At AFL he looked glacial.

5 Likes

Agreed and had a few lackluster vfl games.

Love the way we really back our boys - NOT.

LOL O’brien is terrible

Mate I didn’t delist him.