Round 18 vs Footscray @ Windy Hill, 12 Noon Saturday 19 August 2017

Very surprised to see Younan lining up this weekend.

1 Like

Very little wind, thankfully.

Joining Radio 3DJR today (probably not) is special comments from @jackie_mihocek, camped in front of the coaches’ box.

3 Likes

Hopefully the slippery conditions help our shorter team, even though we did choose a tall (Ottavi) for our 23rd man.

We are kicking to the school end. Ottavi and Hocking are amongst the forwards.

Is Jackie still alive??

Don’t hear much from him on here these days.

1 Like

Geez, proved wrong immediately. Campbell big mark 55 out, kicks 65 to goal.

0-6

Just let it sink in that Sam Draper was born in 1998.

Morgan a handy tackle on the last line. Up the line to clunk of the wet ball by Boyse.

Think he might have played at Windy Hill before!:smiley:

Our inside 50s have been very poor so far. Need to be more composed at half forward.

Lots of random movements by both teams ends in goal to them from mark on rebound.

0-12

Not on TV I’m guessing?

Long done a few nice things so far. Younan with mark at 45, on 45.

And kicks into man on mark.

Graham tackle free gets us deep forward, point is rushed.

1-12

Looks to me a repeat of the Jobe Watson story. Had that roly-poly body which saw him play 13 games in his first 3 years.
He engaged boxing coach Ray Giles and met once a week with fitness coach John Quinn to work on his running ability and general fitness. The rest is history. ( Refer Jon Anderson Courier-Mail April16, 2011- Jobe Watson: Body and Soul)

I don’t think Aaron is slack at all, but he needs to do a lot more fitness work than the normal player to get to the same level. Just the inside midfield bull we need next year.

2 Likes

PETERS!

Goals after we rebound hard, and fast. Took a creative and bullet pass from Stants to Langford to get it going.

1 Like

7-12

Our tackling pressure has been good the last few minutes.