Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

And again, not wanting to be a smartarse, but don’t tell me they’ve gone out onto the ground in a torrential downpour, had a look, and said, ‘Yeah, this is fine.’

6 Likes

Wait till someone gets seriously injured and the backlash

1 Like

Ambrose will bowl 'em over.

10 Likes

This ground is situated in a region where torrential rain is commonplace, where massive flooding occurs. They have subsoil drainage, they have a slope on the surface, they have suction rollers etc etc, however if the surrounding drains are flooded I guess there will be no where for the rain to go.

The pitch area might be a bit boggy though, because for cricket purposes they use covers. question is, will they cover the pitch area prior to a footy match ? I would think so, because the pitch area is virtually sacrosanct to the groundsmen…

1 Like

I am about 90 kms south of Brissie, as the Bomber flies, and it has rained non stop since early this morning. We have had over 60mm of rain so far, on the farm, and looking at BOM it will continue for the rest of the day and tomorrow, you would expect. Given the direction of the rain (coming from N, NE) we are protected from a lot of it, but I can see that it has been dumping down on Brissie itself. The Gabba is a well draining ground so it should be OK to play, but will be very interesting to see what they do.

I hope that it does ease off otherwise I won’t be able to get across our creek crossing and will have to watch the footy from home. Bugger!!

To top it all off my old dog, Bundy, died last night and now I have to wait for it to stop raining so I can bury him.

11 Likes

Thats sad WP. A few of the old dogs name sake might help ease the pain.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about your dog Warlock Paul. xx

5 Likes

According to BOM ‘Brisbane’ weather station has had 19mm since 9am.

And the pitch area has definetly been covered.

Perfect conditions for Monfries to kick a banana out on the full

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dog.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t think they’d be able to use Metricon either. It’s been raining non stop since last night, and Metricon is built on a flood plain.

Wet weather footy?

WE’RE DONE

4 Likes

Right , so lets change it to suncorp stadium then!

13 Likes

Yep.

It’s like if you sleep in and are running late for work, and as you walk to the car you’re thinking you’ll need some expert lane selection and amber light running to get there on time.

Then you get to the car and notice you have a flat tire.

Safe to say you ain’t getting to work on time.

4 Likes

Gabba forecast for Saturday

2 Likes

Hugs

1 Like

Sad news about your dog, WP… sorry to hear you have to wait to bury him. Hopefully the rain eases off so you can get to the game.

1 Like

Sweet might be a little tricky travelling through suburbs to get to the ground.
Depends on how quick the water disperses.
Should be right.

Why all the ground angst? Both teams have to play on it, right? If it’s a bog - so be it.

1 Like