Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

Someone iron out ■■■■■ Gobinson.

Essendon could struggle with a match up for not Ty Vickery

7 Likes

Cyclone expected to cross the north coast near Mackay early tomorrow. Rain depression then sliding down the coast. Will highly likely be heavy conditions so do not need to be taller, more grunt.

I don’t think langford or Zaka should play, but if green is out then they are probably safe

Yes, pretty safe to say it won’t be dry under foot.

Tailor made then to bring in Howlett or Hocking or both.

1 Like

If its wet, then I would probably sit Langford out and bring in Bird, Hocking or Howlett. He needs to get a bit more intensity at the contest and a wet night is suited to hardened battleaxes who don’t mind getting hurt.

2 Likes

Bring in McClugg Brisbane so we can put Pigeon on him… do it!

5 Likes

Hocking for Langford, you want him in form for Anzac day, loves to take apart the pies.

Hawks are a lot better team than Brissie and they really threw everything they had at us.

We face Brissie now, and we took their second biggest major scoring threat and added him to our forwardline.

Most of all, if the returning 6 pull off this in their first game back
Hepp 37 possies 3 goals
Watson 27 possies 8 tackles
Hooker 3 goals

in a team they’ve never played with before, what’s it going to be like next week, and the next, when they get as much experience playing with each other that other teams have had.

All signs point to this being us at our worst for the season and it only getting better as the returning 6 shake off their rust, to go along with the emergence of Parish, Raz and Walla playing elite level football.

The biggest though, is Dyson Heppell telling BJ no worries i got dis, then casually sealing the game from 50 out, and we thought this is him rusty. Zerrett may not be the lock for the B&F after all. Hepp clearly has a statement to make to the footy world, you can see it in his eyes.

We’re in for a golden age of Essendon, Bombers by 30 to 40, kicking out early and then easing off and coasting to the win, oh and Raz will kick 4 again (minimum)

3 Likes

I just realised that the first VFL match of the season is round 4 of the AFL!! What genius organised that?!

Not ideal for guys not getting a game in our 1’s at the moment.

5 Likes

They still play practice matches at least

I’ll bring a Gleeson leash.

Ok weather god

Bring in Kurt Aylett.

9 Likes

25% chance of rain.
As its not like Melbourne weather its not gping to rain.

Hocking is probably the least likely of the three (howlett, bird and hocking) to come in

Benny, on Saturdays performance in the vfl game should be first in line at the moment. He was great

1 Like

Oh, my apologies then.

1 Like

Benny was good the week before too. Howlett in for Langford I reckon. Heater is coming good but not quite ripe yet.

1 Like

Did I miss an injury to Langford?

Why the FK do people want him out?

13 Likes

If Rich lines up in the backline and we don’t man him up, then Carlisle was farking right.
You don’t need a tagger on Rich, just a player within five metres of him would be good.

1 Like