Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

Bugger it. Really wanted to see him run amok against his old club.

2 Likes

Straight swap Howlett in for Green
We’ll flog em

2 Likes

RIP

Bring in Howlett and rotate the mids through the forward line more.

Yep Howlett straight in; hopefully he pulls out one of those 4-5 goal games

2 Likes

Got to be Howlett or Begley would be nice :smile:

Unlucky for Green. No doubt he’d have loved to get one up on old side.

Howlett logical in. Will bring defensive pressure and is also a smart fwd who knows his way around the goals. Plus able to be involved in mids rotation which if it’s a wet day slog he excels at.

2 Likes

Any chance of Mutch getting a run?

Howlett would be a logical replacement.

It won’t happen like that. Brissy will suffer a much greater let down. They won the equivalent of their GF, they will crawl back into their shells. Essendon will win comfortably.

1 Like

BEGLEY.

BRING
HIM
IN

3 Likes

The Bobcat back in for mine. He will smash them.

4 Likes

Greasy conditions in Brissy - has to be Bobcat.

2 Likes

Disappointing for green but I’m pretty excited by the prospect of howlett coming in to be honest. Just adds an extra layer of toughness to the forward line and around the ball if necessary.

He really is a quality player too who always performs well when fresh. He might be in and out over the course of the year but we can count on him to impact each and every time.

Would not surprise at all if he snuck under the radar to kick a mini bag while laying a dozen tackles in the process.

They should set him for Rich

12 Likes

Agree. Would be good to actually pay some attention to Rich for once.

Bobcat in for mine.

1 Like

Bobcat going head to head against Rich would be a decent contest.

2 Likes

Redman for mine. Just to see if he still exists.

4 Likes

Bobcat is probably like for like wrt Green in terms of a forward, and is probably a better defensive forward than Green, but there is a speed sacrifice. On balance Bobcat will probably slow the forward line down a bit, but add some hardness to our midfield rotations . Otherwise we could roll the dice and go with a kid. Think a Begley or Francis, because both of these kids are bigger and hit harder than Bobcat. Potentially, if we really want more marking power down there, Francis has it.

Will cyclone Debbie impact the game hope the game goes ahead

Maybe McKenna in for green? Need to maintain the speed

1 Like

Mckenna in for smack if it’ll get him in the team

The cyclone hits hardest a lot further north than Brisbane and will subside long before Saturday.