Round 2 V the Dawks, preview

Changes?

In; direct footy.

Out: McDivott, fades, and, something, something, poor decision making.

What is the extent of Myers injury?

Quoted Post

WTF is a captains run?
They all run laps dressed like different captains from times past: Captain Cook, Captain Ahab, Captain Crunch... It's kinda weird, I don't know why they do it.

ortho easter and a cousins birthday same day, zero chance of seeing the game. Bet we win too.

It’s my easter on Sunday.

its like 3 drills and they take it easy.

Real excited for this weeks match. Thankfully it’s on a sunday arvo so I have monday to completely take my mind of the thrashing we’ll cop.

Quoted Post

WTF is a captains run?

Probably a fancy way of saying ‘Closed Session’.

Meh, I watch footy for the great entertainment; a loss such as the Sydney one can still provide great entertainment. The Hawthorn game will be a ripper, win or lose. Support your team!

WTF is a captains run?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
All things being equal i'm not sure how exactly people are expecting us to beat them.

If Hawthorn play to or near their best even for 2 qtrs of the game, they win. They need to probably run at 50% efficiency across the whole board for us to win, and while teams have off days and lose, it’s a tough as to be hoping for it this weekend, esp when Hawhtorn love beating us.

The only way we win this game is if Hawthorn lose it, and that doesn’t look likely after their last performance.

No, based on your own observations, the way we win is by not allowing them to to play at their best.

I don't think it's "just my observation" that Hawthorn are the best team going round at present for a reason.

You can throw around cheap slogans like not allow them to play their best, how exactly do you do that ? oh you know just go over there and put pressure on them.

It’s going to take the players playing the game of their lives both offensively and defensively. I can see them putting in enough defensively (well most) but offensively you’re expecting a different result the the previous how many years ?

It’s gonna take a ■■■■ load of complacency from Hawthorn for us to win, it’s going to require them to think they are essendon and that we are melbourne.

Alternatively, you can keep crying like a ■■■■■, roll over, and cop it.

fark this i’m going to training on thursday to get around the boys

All we need to do is kick more goals than then - simples.

IMHO it doesn’t matter if they are the best team ever, I always thought you won by scoring more than the opposition…

Quoted Post

Were going to get slaughtered

I agree.

We were going to get slaughtered, but then we won.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
All things being equal i'm not sure how exactly people are expecting us to beat them.

If Hawthorn play to or near their best even for 2 qtrs of the game, they win. They need to probably run at 50% efficiency across the whole board for us to win, and while teams have off days and lose, it’s a tough as to be hoping for it this weekend, esp when Hawhtorn love beating us.

The only way we win this game is if Hawthorn lose it, and that doesn’t look likely after their last performance.

No, based on your own observations, the way we win is by not allowing them to to play at their best.

I don't think it's "just my observation" that Hawthorn are the best team going round at present for a reason.

You can throw around cheap slogans like not allow them to play their best, how exactly do you do that ? oh you know just go over there and put pressure on them.

It’s going to take the players playing the game of their lives both offensively and defensively. I can see them putting in enough defensively (well most) but offensively you’re expecting a different result the the previous how many years ?

It’s gonna take a ■■■■ load of complacency from Hawthorn for us to win, it’s going to require them to think they are essendon and that we are melbourne.

Quoted Post

the way we win is to apply pressure when we pressured the swans they made errors, players rushed when they had more time and missed opportunities. Plus on the other side of the coin we need to make use of all opportunities. Daniher looked good early against swans pity it was raining as he had significant height/reach advantage over richards. Good delivery to Joe and Carlisle = them taking grabs and kicking goals, thus making the smal guys like chappy/zerrett/ambros more dangerous as they dominate at ground level as extra hawks going third man up to the contest.
Also cant afford to miss targets like we did late in the last quarter versus suns. if a player has ten metres of space then hit him. as turnovers often lead to opposition goals and gives them momentum.

Quoted Post

Note this Saturday’s Captain’s Run is also followed by our last VFL practice match, against Geelong.

All things being equal i’m not sure how exactly people are expecting us to beat them.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
  1. The reigning premiers have four players inside the top-40 of the Official AFL Player Ratings, brought to you by Gatorade. Essendon, meanwhile, has two (Jobe Watson and Brendon Goddard).

LOL

Heppell? No Dice.

I got intrigued and had a look. #66. 60 spots lower than Brent Harvey. Laughed, I did.

Quoted Post

Sorry it's not the correct thread but could somebody please advise me of the next open training session, I'm hoping to take the son out to the TVSC and have a sqizz. Thankyou in advance

Thought there was a Captains Run on Thursday this week.

Edited:

Uploaded with Imgupr