Round 2 vs Collingwood @ Windy Hill - 1pm Sunday 23rd April

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?c=1-118-0-436949-0&pool=1&fixture=124787095&a=SELECT

Were gonna kick their arsssss

1 Like

Ok.

Rd 2: VFL squad v Pies
Simon Conway - @SimonConway12
20 April 2017 7:10 PM

Essendon VFL will welcome back three key players when the side meets Collingwood on Sunday.

David Myers, Ben Howlett and Mason Redman have been named in the squad and are set to make their first VFL appearance of the season after overcoming injury.

For Myers the match marks his first competitive hit out in more than 18 months.

The long-kicking midfielder damaged a finger tendon during the pre-season.

The Bombers will be looking to rebound after a narrow loss to Sandringham last weekend.

Essendon vs Collingwood
Sunday April 23rd
1pm
Windy Hill

• Please note, Essendon will announce its AFL team on Saturday at 5:30pm ahead of the ANZAC Day clash against Collingwood.

VFL Squad
2. Tom Bellchambers, 8. Martin Gleeson, 10. Aaron Francis, 16. Josh Begley, 17. James Stewart, 19. Kobe Mutch, 20. Jackson Merrett, 23. David Myers, 24. Craig Bird, 27. Mason Redman, 36. Michael Hartley, 37. Dylan Clarke, 38. Sam Draper, 39. Heath Hocking, 40. Ben Howlett, 44. Shaun McKernan, 49. Matt Dea, 50. James Ferry, 51. Alex Boyse, 54. Nick O’Brien, 55. Daniel Younan, 56. James Peters, 57. Nick Hind, 58. Ben Dobson, 60. Ben McNiece, 62. Michael Luxford, 63. Matthew Darby, 65. Ozgur Uysal, 69. Alex Marklew, 71. Jock Cornell, 77. Nash Holmes

2 Likes

So that’s Morgan out, only.

And me seriously annoyed McNeice is named in #60, making me think he had been dropped to the seniors.

EDIT: I left my phone at home today; I only saw he was upgraded after posting the above.

Pies team looks better than their senior team.

1 Like

Was it last year we won this fixture by 15 goals?

Hope it’s on TV

1 Like

No Cloke, gonna be a lot harder this year.

2 Likes

Was a great day at Victoria Park drinking beers from the box on the wing after we had to run to the bottle shop when they ran out of booze at the ground.

On TV please say it’s so?

It was the best game of Mason Redman’s short career. Looked like a future star that day. Kicked 4 or 5 I reckon.

Not on TV - VFL coverage this weekend is:

Round 2- Saturday April 22- 2:40PM

NORTHERN BLUES vs WILLIAMSTOWN (Preston City Oval)

YAWN

Our only scheduled TV game is Round 11 against Richmond (in I think the only Sunday game they’re televising) - 7’s new VFL timeslot is Saturday afternoon.

Now, if you’d seen the injury thread you would’ve already know this but the VFL will be live streaming the game here

If you’re on a slow connection or the traffic on the stream is heavy to the point that the stream is choppy, VFL Radio is also covering the game - click the media coverage button and follow the links to VFL Live.

9 Likes

How much under cover seating is there at a Windy Hill?

Enough. Especially if your concern is rain, in which case you won’t get a big crowd.

2 Likes

Plenty of cover.

1 Like

Radio 3DJR’s preferred under cover seating is the front row of the top deck of the Hird Stand (accessed by the stairs/lift at the social club entrance, if you never worked it out).

5 Likes

Looks like a pearler of a day I’ll be heading in. I havn’t been to a VFL game in a while is it free
entry with essendon membership?

Should be.