Round 20: Essendon vs Richmond: Changes, Discussion, Match-ups, etc

Can't drop T-Bell.  T-Bell playing gives Paddy a rest at full forward.  Troubled the Swans and could have kicked 4 goals.  The umpires missed an obvious free kick (again 11 to 24 this time) in the goal square and he missed one himself.  T-Bell is nowhere near his best after a serious injury to his foot. He must play giving Jake a chance to rip the Tigers apart up forward.  Seeing the VFL team got flogged, there can't be much there to bring in.  Jetta again - how many times has he had his chance? 

No changes for mine.

Jerrett sub.

Jackson Merrett's worst is the worst I've ever seen

Time capsule that one for the Blitz quote of the year comp.
I'm beginning to think you might be his ex-girlfriend.
I stand by that quote.
Also if I was a girl, no way I would date him, he wouldn't put in enough effort.

Reading threads like this makes me realise how different people experience the game.

I though J Merrett was ok, especially given it was an incredibly intense, high pressure game, which he obviously doesn’t yet have the body for.

I also think Dell’s contribution has been well overrated.

Obviously we all see things differently. I’m not sure there’s a right or wrong, but will be interesting to see how the coaches see it.

OUT: Ambrose (broken jaw)

Does Pears come in? He basically did at vfl yesterday what Ambrose has been in the seniors, some nice leads and a few marks but not much else. His kicking for goal was ■■■■■ though yesterday.

Unfortunate.

In: No One

Out: Ambrose

We can do it with 21 men

Reading threads like this makes me realise how different people experience the game.
I though J Merrett was ok, especially given it was an incredibly intense, high pressure game, which he obviously doesn't yet have the body for.
I also think Dell's contribution has been well overrated.
Obviously we all see things differently. I'm not sure there's a right or wrong, but will be interesting to see how the coaches see it.

He was better than he was the week before.

So, Jobe, Hibberd, Joey and Ambrose all back for the WCE game?

WCE will have to forfeit I reckon.

OUT: Ambrose (broken jaw)
Does Pears come in? He basically did at vfl yesterday what Ambrose has been in the seniors, some nice leads and a few marks but not much else. His kicking for goal was ■■■■■ though yesterday.

Nope.
KYLE HARDINGHAM, THE BOY FROM KOJONUP, WESTERN AUSTRALIA

In: Melksham

Sub: Jerrett/Melk/Howlett/not Dell

Jetta? WTF... NO!

YES
ITS LEROY TIME
ummmm...no it isn't! Has had far too many chances and his ticket has already
Been stamped

Melksham was terrible yesterday.
Jetta comes in, for Ambrose.
Jerrett or Jetta to be sub.
TBell stays in. To gIve us another marking option, especially with Ambrose out

Nob in for Ambrose, Kav for Jerrett (as sub).

Move Howlett to HB, Stants on a wing.

Don’t mind Jetts given a game if he gets a few full ones in a row to save himself, otherwise no - give the time to someone else.

Melksham was terrible yesterday.
Jetta comes in, for Ambrose.
Jerrett or Jetta to be sub.
TBell stays in. To gIve us another marking option, especially with Ambrose out

was jetta a defensive contest beast that stopped every attempt to move the ball through his man yesterday? Coz At AFL level he contests like a ten year old and is an absolute liability in modern tactical football.

Removing a unit of team defense from the game by playing Jetta is one way we can greatly increase our chances of losing against Richmond.

I take it Ambrose ducked into a tackle and got hit by the karma bus?

So… if their key talls are limited to Reiwoldt and Griffiths/Maric, are we free to play Hurley forward?

Seems to me Edwards is the only danger match-up in that scenario (I don‘t follow Richmond, I don‘t know if he‘s been crap this year, or anyone else been good).

Did they really play 183cm Newman as their CHB this week?

1. Play Dell for the whole game

2. Bellchambers to play again but probably only for about 40 mins of footy

3. Would like to see NOB get a game (not as sub). He can play midfield and push Chapman forward (see point 6). 

4. Hurley stays in the back line but if he wants to wander up the field with everybody else then so be it.

5. Jerrett (form) and Fletcher (match ups) may be in trouble for a place

6. Chapman to play forward or least start deep forward. Tigers won't be able to manage him as a forward pocket.

I would love a 40 point plus win. 

FF: Jetta Pears Peedo

How long will ambrozi be out for?

How long will ambrozi be out for?

Quoted as 1-2 weeks.